Search This Blog

Monday, 26 February 2007

Altered tin and coasters


Here is a tin that I altered, using Oriental-style papers. I used watered-down Pva to stick the papers on the tin, then I used it again to coat the papers afterwards to seal them and to make them look slightly shiny - and kind of lacquered.
I used a mixture of alcohol inks and peel-off pens to colour the bare bits of tin that were still showing. Finally, I added a metal dragonfly and a couple of strings of beads.
The book is made from two old leather coasters, covered and sealed with the same paper and glue. I made pages to fit, then inserted them and used gold bookrings to fix. Three coins are glued on the cover as a finishing touch.
Have to say, I really am pleased with how these have turned out. I like my altered stuff to look old, well-handled and loved!

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

Oh how exquisite are these, my gosh. And how you've photographed them with a back drop, so professional.
xx