Search This Blog

Monday, 5 March 2007

The Ball!

The Granite City Ball turned out to be a real success. Tim did a fantastic job organising it and he's made loads of money to donate to the RNLI!

We arrived in the Beach Ballrom in the early afternoon, to help get all the balloons done, the seating plan sorted, the raffles on display etc etc. All that took a couple of hours, then Tim and I headed off to our hotel, which is about a mile away from the Ballroom. Only just walkable for me, being in the not-so-good state of health that I am! Tim wanted to be back at the Ballroom for around 6.00pm-ish, so we were showered, dressed and beautified in plenty of time for us to walk there. My dress was even tighter than I thought it would be, but hey-ho! lol

Anyway - we got to within 50 yards of the Ballroom, when Tim sickeningly announced that he'd left the key to the cashbox in the hotel room!!! Oh NOOOOO!!! Inside the box, was the money to pay the band and loads of change needed for the raffle selling!

He doesn't really know Aberdeen all that well and wasn't quite sure of the route back to the hotel, so I had to go back with him. Collected the key and walked all the way to the Ballroom again. I was soooo out of breath and in pain with my hips and knees. Good thing I had no intention of dancing ....... I don't think I'd have been able to even if I'd wanted!! lol

Actually, I did go up for one dance later on in the evening!



This isn't a particularly good piccie of either of us, but it's better than nothing!

All in all, we had a great night - even though we missed the lunar eclipse because of it!

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

Glad you have a splendid time - hey, the lunar eclipse was nothing special, lol. Anyway there's another in August; Granite City Balls don't come along that often, you made the right choice. ;)
E
xx