Search This Blog

Friday, 2 March 2007

CatWoman!

I thought it was about time I introduced two of my three gorgeous kitty cats!

These are my two girls - both tabbies. On the top is the baby of the bunch, Merry. She's almost two now and still very much a kitten cat - full of the joys of life! She loves to play rough and tumble, but she is also very gentle. I got her when she was still a tiny wee kitten, along with her brother who we named Pippin (yes - we are LOTR fans!!). Pippin tragically got killed by a car around a year ago, but he was a truly spectacular cat. He was a black & white long-haired cat, who looked amazing and who had an equally amazing character. I adored him and it broke my heart when he died.

I know the pic of Merry (below) isn't particularly good, but it really sums up her inquisitiveness! lol

Below, is my utterly beloved old lady called Star. She's 16 going on 17 and is sadly beginning to slow down a bit now. Whereas before she used to be able to jump up and over our stable doors without a problem, now she jumps .... grabs on with her front paws, while scrabbling up with her back ones till she gets on top! It's funny to watch, but sad at the same time. She has the sweetest nature and even though she's old, she really tolerates the grandkids pulling at her and clapping her.

We also have our old boy, Elvis! He's 10 years old, but I haven't got a piccie of him at the moment, because he really doesn't let us get close enough to get a decent one! He used to belong to Kerry and Simon (along with his brother, Chewie), but when Kerry got pregnant with her firstborn, Tim and I adopted them. Once again tragically, Chewie got hit by a car and died. One of the perils of living in the country and having outside cats.

I'm very much a cat person and can't imagine my life here without any!

No comments: