Search This Blog

Tuesday, 26 June 2007

Bowl!

I am SO late with this today, but better late than never, I suppose!

So the word today is 'Bowl'. Once again, I couldn't decide between two, so here they are. The first is an absolutely gorgeous Polish crystal fruit bowl, standing on three little fat legs. My mum and dad bought it in Poland on one of their visits back to my dad's homeland.


The second bowl is a really darling little thing, which we found in mum's house. It looks like a cup and saucer, made to look like a daffodil, but they are joined together. I had no idea what it was, so I did a bit of sleuthing on the web and have discovered that it is a grapefuit bowl! I think it's fab!

Tim and I got a text from a friend today, asking if we wanted to go clay pigeon shooting on Friday. Well .......... although Tim can go if he fancies going, I can't for two reasons:

1) I'm working on Friday

2) I'm right-handed, but I'm blind in my right eye - therefore I would have to shoot left-handed, which I can't do!

Hehehehehe!!

14 comments:

Nat said...

Great pics, especially love the crystal one, you've really captured the clarity and jewel-like quality of the glass :) xxx

Jolanda said...

Beautiful bowls, the crystal one is my favorite!

Rachael said...

I love the crystal bowl it is so shiny and reflective.
x

Fiona (aka Erisindevon) said...

Gorgeous bowls!

*** Moneypenny *** said...

Oooo Bobs I adore that little grapefruit bowl and that crystal one is just stunning. xXx

Debbie said...

I love your crystal bowl and the grapefruit bowl is so unusual :-)

Moreen (aka Armenime) said...

Wow that crystal bowl really sparkles, both great photos.

Asian Butterfly said...

both beautiful bowls!

etteY said...

great shots BOBS!!

Barry said...

Love the way you've captured the light. By the way I am originally from just outside Aberdeen but now live in Calgary - the photo was taken at Forvie.

Ruth said...

ohhhh, both are very pretty bowls, and I would never have guessed that the second one was for grapefruits. I would have guessed a soup bowl and the saucer for crackers. Shows what I know. LOL

Chris said...

Two really contrasting photos... just love the crystal one :)

Louise said...

love how the crystal bowl catches the light:)

Aubrey Harns said...

This is such a beautiful crystal bowl. I love the feet on it!
Aubrey