Search This Blog

Sunday, 2 September 2007

Cor blimey .....

..... crash, bang, wallop, what a picture, what a photograph! (If you're not of a certain age, you're probably wondering what all that was about! lol)

A new camera has taken up residence in our house and I'm finally managing to get some of the photo prompts from HS/MS done again. The camera is a gorgeously handsome Canon EOS 400D, which I have coveted for a long time. :)

OK - first up is 'Foil' ........


Couldn't think what to do for this one, so I just scrunched up one piece and laid it on top of a really smooth piece. I like the different effects.



Next is 'Eyes'..........


These are Kali's eyes. The eyes of a dreamy 7-year-old. And freckles ..... loads of them!


This is 'Pasta' .....

I'm still a complete novice with the new camera, but I do LOVE the depth of field I'm getting with it already. I also LOVE penne pasta ... and any other kind of pasta for that matter! Except macaroni. ACK!!!!


Finally for today, here is 'Smile' .....


Here is 5 year old Aaliyah's beautiful smile. She is a little poser and I had no problems getting her to sit still for some photos. I think she would have sat there all day, posing this way and that!

I'm really quite pleased with my pics so far. I have taken loads more in the garden, but haven't had time to upload them yet. My PC is almost on its last legs and is protesting very strongly at having to try to cope with the software for the camera AND Photoshop Elements 5. It's all too much for the old thing and I feel it really has come time to get a new one.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Great shots Bobs. Looks like you are having fun with the new camera! x

Vanda said...

Yay Bobs, you're back :O) LOVE all your catch up photos and whit woo to your new camera :O)

Eleanor said...

Bobs!!! Hiya.
Lovely to see you back doing HS:MS.
Fave has to be those eyes.
E
xx