Search This Blog

Friday, 7 September 2007

It's good to talk

It's the funeral today, so we'll be leaving in about an hour's time. Can't wait till it's over and done. Wouldn't it be great if funerals were happy occasions ... used to celebrate the life of the person, instead of grieving their passing?

Oh well, I'd better go and iron my trousers and blouse. Can't very well appear at the chapel looking like a wrinkled old duvet.

Wish I could iron my face.



Back to the title of this entry .... that is what the old BT advert on telly used to say. I came online to see what the prompt today on HSMS ........ and as soon as I saw it was 'Talk', the phone rang and Tim answered it, immediately giving me the idea for my shot today! He doesn't like it, of course! He was chatting to my sister about this and that - and all the time, I was shoving my camera in his face! lol

10 comments:

Hazel said...

That's a great shot!

Sue Nicholson said...

Ha! Clever idea! Great shot!

Sue

Anne said...

Fabulous photo!! Great idea too! Good luck for today xx

Diana said...

Great shot. And by the way I think funerals are for celebrating life! I know there is grief but it is so much better to celebrate all the good memories. Thinking of you.
Love Di

pretty-pink-cards said...

thats a great shot..
hope all went as well as it could today
Caroline x

Pam said...

what a fortuitous phone call. And you got a great shot!
I've been looking through the past couple day and the photo of your g-daughter is beautiful She is very appropriately named with the gorgeous saffron colored hair.
Hope the funeral wasn't too awfully hard on you. When my husband died, we made time at the funeral for his friends and family to tell stories about him - we were laughing and crying at the same time.

Eleanor said...

I hope the funeral wasn't too upsetting, and that you were able to share happy memories with others there.
love to you
E
xx

Joy said...

LOL! That's probably how my kids feel when I intrude on their playing with my camera! LOL!
Great shot though!

etteY said...

aw gorgeous shot!

Rachael said...

I love the shot. I can see how he found it annoying though! Lol x