Search This Blog

Wednesday, 19 September 2007

Jimi Hendrix .....

.... wasn't what I would call exactly quirky, but these Jimi teddies may be! They are my take on the word of the day - quirky - on HSMS and were part of a wedding present that Tim and I received when we got married. I just love them! I think they're so cute, with their wee shock of black hair! lol




Tim is seriously thinking about giving up his PhD research. He is getting no support at all from the Uni. I'm not talking about financial support - he doesn't get that anyway, being self-funded - I'm talking about the fact that he is a hard rock geologist ..... but all the tutors and markers are soft rock geologists. So, whenever he has to write a report or whatever, they send it back to him, to rewrite in a way that they can understand!!!! Yet, the soft rock PhD researchers don't have to write in a way that hard rock tutors would understand. Oh no. It's not fair and he is SO dispirited. If the Uni can't get a hard rock tutor to mark papers, then why, oh why, did they accept Tim for his PhD research in that field? I tell you, it makes my blood boil. He has worked SO hard to get where he is and now it looks as though it will have all been for nothing.

11 comments:

SuzyB said...

LOL Love the bears.

You lost me on hard rock and soft rock, I thought hard rock was Metallica and soft rock was Whitesnake. Joking aside, I hope hubby gets sorted, what a thought that it might all have been for nothing x

Andrew said...

Echo what Suzy said - My MSc supervisor was a waste of time - I got through it though by just doing my own thing and ignoring everything he said!
Love the teddies!
Ax

Vanda said...

Love those bears Bobs xXx

Rachael said...

Love the bears and I hope hubby get's sorted too. My Aunt and Uncle are both geology profs in Canada, one at McMaster Uni and one at the other Uni in Toronto not sure if they are soft or hard rock but I know they have written loads of books and articles on geology and my Uncle has done some TV programmes over there too so I guess they are pretty well known in the rock world.
x

Ann said...

Hope hubby gets his Uni issue sorted soon, love your quirky teddy bears!!

Hazel said...

Such lovable bears!

Angela said...

Great teddies! I hope Tim gets everything worked out. =/

etteY said...

what a cute bears! I hope hubby gets sorted too!

Irene said...

I feel so sorry for Tim after all the work he has put in so far. It must be SO frustrating and disappointing!

The teddies are so cute -
they make you smile!

Love, Irene. XXX

Charli said...

Fab teddies - great shot of them Bobs! Hope evrything turns out OK for hubby - its awful and so frustrating when this happens. Fingers crossed for you both love x

Chris said...

oooh lovely Teddies... how sweet :)
Hope everything goes okay for your hubby.