Search This Blog

Saturday, 8 September 2007

My first SP Saturday!

I didn't have the courage to put up a 'normal' shot of myself, so here's a silly one of me, blowing all of you a kiss! Please ignore the eyes staring maniacally at you and horribly bitten nails! Hope I haven't put you off you breakfast/lunch/dinner! lol Oh - and I don't really have a moustache ..... it's just a shadow, wrinkly thingie .... honestly!





The funeral went as well as funerals do. The weather stayed nice, which is always a bonus. It's such a shame when families end up living so far apart, that the only times they get together are for weddings and funerals. This was the case this time. I have two nieces and two nephews, who I haven't seen since my son's funeral 6 years ago, then the time before that, was when Tim and I got married, 7 years ago. I really have no idea when I will see them again. 'Twas lovely to catch up with them though. They are all in their mid-to-late twenties now, some are married, some not. One has a child and one is engaged .... yet it seems like only yesterday that my own children - and the nieces and nephews - were little kiddies. Where do the years go?

15 comments:

Sam Morris said...

What are you on about not normal?? lol *blowing a kiss back* ;o)

Glad for you that the funeral's over and that you got to catch up with family x

Anne said...

Oh you are funny!! :o) You look fabulous - and very brave with that piercing! **KISS** right back at ya!! ;o)

Louise said...

*mwwwahhhhhh* right back at you.
I think this is a great shot... had to laugh at your moustache comment...LOL!!!

Diana said...

kiss back to you! well done

Rachael said...

OMG you don't look anywhere near 50. I've always wanted my nose pearcing but never had the nerve to have it done, always worried about snot getting stuck!! Sending kisses your way. x

Terrie Farrell said...

LOL, funny shot, i'm like that with pics too ...and i get the moustache effect too!

Sue Nicholson said...

First time I hid behind a glass of wine and today put up a body part rather than the whole thing!!!

I found it easier to lark about too, maybe this shows we take ourselves lightly :D

Great photo.

Funerals. Five years soon since my Mum passed on and I can still tell you all about the day of the funeral. I found it harder after it than before. It was then over and done with so people expected me just to move on.

Tell your husband that I used to count the days, then the weeks, then the months since she passed away. Then the years and then one day I found I had stopped doing it and panicked because I couldn't remember how long it had been! I never ever thought that would happen. It's a long healing process and it's true what they say about time.

Sending you ((hugs))

Sue

Terry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terry said...

I think it is a great picture, it's nice to see someone having a little fun with their SP.
I know what you mean about funerals and weddings.

Mary said...

Great, fun SP shot.....well done!

Jolanda said...

Great picture!

Joy said...

*blowing a kiss back at ya*

MaaikeV said...

love your shot
~smak~ (a kiss for you)

Eleanor said...

Where indeed? It vaguely alarms me that time is passing so much more quickly these days, but then luckily too busy to worry too much. The pace of life is quicker, and so many more things to fill our time with. Taking photographs for instance, lol.
Your kiss has reached a lot of people today - have one back from me. (least this way you won't be catching anything from any of us)
E
xx

Angela said...

Such a fun photo! Another kiss coming your way .....'X'.....

I agree with Rachael, you certainly do not look 50. Keep up the good work, whatever you're doing is working just fine!