Search This Blog

Monday, 24 September 2007

Playing catch-up

I never managed to get an image uploaded yesterday, because I wasn't feeling very well. I think I exhausted what little brain cells I have left, at the crop on Saturday - about which there will be more later!

So today's word over on HSMS is 'Dog'. I don't have a dog, so I didn't think I'd be able to play today, but then I remembered a little soapstone Inuit carving that my first DH took back from Canada when he worked on Baffin Island for the Hudson's Bay Company. He's adorable, if a little pathetic-looking.




Here's my SOS for yesterday. It's not a particularly good shot (taken in 1984), but I remember being so proud of making this Pierrot costume! It was orginally made for Kerry about two years previously, but this is Jodie modelling it this time. She's just so cute, holding her china Pierrot doll too. Later that evening, we noticed the doll's hat had disappeared and sadly, we never did find it.




Finally for today, here's quick snap of the crop that I went to on Saturday.



Much chatter, laughter and drinking of tea - and not much crafting - was the order of the day! It was good fun and I'll certainly be going to the next one!

14 comments:

Hazel said...

Great photos!

Rachael said...

Love the dog it's so cute. You've taken me back to my childhood as my Mum made me an outfit just like that when I was little. I must see if I can find the picture. x

Mary said...

Love your doggy and the costume too....what a sweetie!

cass said...

wow that crop looks like great fun, i'm a little jealous LOL
love the pierrot costume, well done you should be proud it looks awesome
and last ly that little inuit carving is so beautiful

sharon said...

I love unusual things, the dog is something special.x

Linda said...

Lovely photos. Hope you're feeling a lot better today. :-)

Charli said...

Glad you enjoyed your crop Bobs!! Love the pics - I love the dog carving, Ive never seen one like that before!! Loving the costume too!

Anne said...

Your dog is brilliant!! And I adore that pierot pic, she looks like a very young Stevie Nicks! And I'm jealous as hell of your crop - look at all that stash all over the tables!!!!

mil lunares said...

this dog looks intresting. I also like your "pierrot". What a sentimental shot

pretty-pink-cards said...

Great photo of your dog..
the crop looked great fun
caroline x

SuzyB said...

Love the dog, so precious. I remember having a pierrot doll when I was younger, brings back memories x

etteY said...

what a cute dog and costume! seems like you had a blast in that crop party you had! get well

xoxo

Ruth said...

I hope you're feeling better today my dear. The doggie figurine is pretty darn cool but the photo of your daughter is absolutely priceless. What a great shot!!!

Eleanor said...

Fabulous photo of the pierrot costume and Jodie - really evocative. Love the little dog too, is it just me or does it look beautifully worn, just like an Avon soap animal.
E
xx