Search This Blog

Tuesday, 18 September 2007

A rose by any other name .....

Today's prompt is 'Hang'. I took a few shots when I got home from work, but I think this is my favourite. It's a rather sad, battered and tattered rose, that has been hanging from the bookshelves in the kitchen for quite a few years, alongside Roget's Thesaurus, a dictionary, Guinness Book of Hit Singles, some photo albums and of course, Tim's cookbooks. Poor old rose. It's been dropped, banged into, squashed and had bits drop off it many times, but it's still there and I think it probably always will be.




No gourmet meal for me tonight, I'm sad to say. Tim's been lecturing at Uni this afternoon and taking some first year engineering students around one of the Maritime museums in Aberdeen. He's not home yet and he told me not to wait for something to eat and he'll get something for himself when he gets home. So, I've just had some coronation chicken sarnies! Lolol A bit of a comedown from last night, eh!



There's a challenge on the forum to make a tag book and I finished and photographed mine this evening. I love all things Oriental!





13 comments:

pokettiger said...

Ahhh....so sentimental. I do the same and keep dried roses for a long time. Nice choice for your photo.

pretty-pink-cards said...

lovely photo.. its a great colour too
Caroline x

Joy said...

It looks so dramatic - like there is a sob story for it. Nice shot!

Chris said...

oooh I love your dried Rose Bobs and your tag book is amazing!!

Louise said...

it might be battered but it is more beautiful than a fresh rose... great shot, and I love that you can see the thesarus, just how many households have a Roget's? I think we have 2!

Hazel said...

That's a super tag book. Love the rose!

etteY said...

wow! i love the focus and the blurred effect on your photo! I wish I knew how to do that! really great shot!

SuzyB said...

lol I have objects like that around the house that are just 'there', its a lovely shot. Fantastic tag book!

Rachael said...

Lovely shot Bobs. x

cass said...

love your rose Bobs, my sister used to have these hanging all over her room when she was a teenager
love love your tag book it's just gorgoeus int he lovely gold, black and red it's truly stunning

bonnette said...

Wooohoooo sob...sob...so sentimental that dried rose!!! I love your tagbook it looks great!

Linda said...

Love those tags!

Great photo of the rose too.

Angela said...

Great hang shot! Love it!