Search This Blog

Sunday, 2 September 2007

Show-off Sunday

That's the theme for HSMS every Sunday now. Show a photograph that you've taken, that you're particularly proud of. Doesn't have to be a new one.

So ...... this is mine for today:

This was taken many, many moons ago at the old boatshed in the grounds of Fyvie Castle, here in Aberdeenshire. The figurehead was just standing guard outside and she was just crying out to have her photo taken! I took one of all three of my children with her, but this one of my son, is my favourite. He was about 10 years old at the time and if he were still with us, he would have been 31 now.
Those were the days when I had an old SLR and was regularly taking and developing my own B&W films and prints. My darkroom was my kitchen!! Lol
For this particular print, I used a special wash that turned the image from B&W to sepia.

Aaaah, those were the days LONG before the advent of digital! :)

22 comments:

Diana said...

that is so gorgouus i do not know what to say!

Terrie said...

Beautiful and funny at the same time. X

Chris said...

Bobs that is just the most Amazing photograph... absolutley stunning!! I just adore it :)

~*Gems*~ said...

Wow absolutely stunning photo! xx

Vanda said...

What an absolutely gorgeous photo ~ stunning :O)

pretty-pink-cards said...

really wow photo love it
Caroline x

Eleanor said...

That is such a special photo. Only you know just how special. I'm so glad you shared it with us. hug
E
xx

Louise said...

what a special photo and great memory of your son. Thanks for sharing a part of his life with us:)

Louise said...

what a special photo and great memory of your son. Thanks for sharing a part of his life with us:)

Angela said...

Beautiful beautiful shot. *hugs*

Pam said...

Amazing photo. he looks every bit the sprite.

Phil said...

Love this pic, fantastic and funny too!!

Irene said...

What a lovely photo of Craig - he was so gorgeous! We all miss him very much.

Lots of hugs and kisses from your big sister. XXXX

Hazel said...

How cool is that!! Wonderful

Ruth said...

This is a stunner!!! That should be super sized hung over the largest wall in your home!!! LOL Good to see you back, missed you.

etteY said...

Hi Bobs! how are you?! it's been a long time, eh? What have you been doing while you were MIA? hehehe!

I love your show off photo very classic :D

Angela said...

That is so beautiful, you have every right to be very proud of it :-)

Anne said...

Gasp!!! Absolutely fantastic photograph!!!!! Everyone before me has already said what I would have said so I'm lost for words...! (believe me, that ain't normal!!!) :o)

cass said...

this is lovely, really made me smile

Charli said...

This is a fab and fun photo - love it x

bonnette said...

What a fun way of making this shot, great!

Sam Morris said...

OMG this is just jaw droppingly stunning!!

Everything is just perfect!