Search This Blog

Sunday, 16 September 2007

Show-Off Sunday

I managed to get this month's pages for the CJ done this morning, after starting them yesterday. Also got this month's ATC done for the permanent swap. That's the most crafting I've had time to do for months, I think!

On to today's Show-Off pic. Once again, I'm delving into the past, to bring you a shot from the very first film that I EVER developed and printed myself. There is so much wrong with this shot ..... the negative is faaaaar too overdeveloped but nobody told me how to do it - I was just taking a shot in the dark(room)! Groan!!
However, I kinda like the way it's turned out, all grainy and 'old' looking. It's atmospheric too, because it was taken in the oldest part of our local cemetery. Must be over 20 years ago, because Jodie (the little one in this pic) is now 26 and Kerry (on the left) is married with 4 little 'uns herself! Apologies for the marks on the photo. It's an old scan, done years ago before I really knew what I was doing! lol

Click on the picture to get a bigger version.




We had an ATC swap on the forum, with a "Magical/Mystical" theme. I decided to go with a fairy tale princess-type and these are results. I used the "Castle Keep" plate from Oxford Impressions for the images - apart from the prince/king, which I found on the web. Papers and ribbons are from DCWV.

13 comments:

~*Gems*~ said...

Gorgeous shot! xx

Linda said...

Great pic!

SuzyB said...

Well I think its a perfect shot, made even more so by the fact you developed it yourself, how cool is that! x

Charli said...

It is fab - you do B & W beautifully! You just dont get this genuine feel with digital, no matter how much you play!

Diana said...

Great memory!

Charli said...

PS Bobs, love the ATC's, and yes I have recovered from my hangover finally!! Thanks for asking love! X

Hazel said...

Love the photo and the artwork

My Paper World said...

Love your fairy princess atc's, they are beautiful!

Sue Nicholson said...

That shot looks great to me. Personally I love the exposure :)

WoW. How fast they grow. Twenty years the wonderful thirties. Mine weren't even born !!

Great atcs too

Bye for now

Sue

Eleanor said...

Stunning photo, can't see anything wrong with it at all, in fact it's so evocative it should be up on your wall. Big.
E
xx

etteY said...

it's beautiful! ditto with Eleanor, it should be up on your wall! :D

love your sps too...

Terry said...

I think it is a great picture, you should frame it. I love how it is in B&W

Anne said...

What a fabulous shot - they look like the children from Tales of Narnia!! And your ATC's are absolutely to die for! I wish I'd been in that swap - Fabulous!!!