Search This Blog

Thursday, 20 September 2007

Smash!

Yes, I think smash would be more appropriate for my photograph today! This is a terracotta flowerpot that I had to smash, then reconstruct, as part of an archaeological conservation summer school that I took part in a few years ago. As you can see, there are quite a few shards missing. These were deliberately snaffled by the tutor, so we wouldn't end up with a perfect pot (fat chance anyway! lol). It's been sitting on a shelf here in my craft room since it was done, so it's gathered a fair bit of dust too. Who knows - maybe if I leave it long enough, the dust will fill the gaps! Wahey - sounds like a plan to me!





I'm going off to my very first crop on Saturday and I'm pooing my pants already. Don't really know why I'm so nervous about it. I've been scrapping for years now ..... but never with other people. I'm scared in case I don't manage to get anything done. At least I will be with my daughter Kerry - and I know a few of the girls who are going. When I worked in the craft shop, many of them were regular customers and came to me for a bit of advice and inspiration. I think I'll need some inspiration from them now! lol

14 comments:

Mary said...

Great photo Bobs! Good luck with your first crop on Saturday....you'll love it!

Shannon said...

Don't be scared about your crop, it will be ok! I love the pot! Put some fake flowers in it or use it as a pen/pencil holder.

Louise said...

good luck with the crop, you'll love it... but don't expect to actually get any scrapping done...LOL!!! or maybe it's just me that chats too much!

Love the pot and the story... I would so not have the patience to stick it back together.

Sue Nicholson said...

Yes! Every time I thought of something I thought snap, crack or pop . . . oops no that's the break(fast) cereal :D . . . would be more appropriate.

Great photo and just love the dust idea :) lol

I have never been to a crop either! The idea of "performing" in front of others frightens the life out of me. What if I couldn't do anything and just sat there.

So know how you feel BUT everyone who goes to them loves them so I'm sure you'll be ok when you get there.

Bye for now Sue

Eleanor said...

Thanks for your message sweetie.
Fill your cracks with dust - hmmm,I've mastered that one. It fascinates Rick that it's mostly dead skin cells (well, now I come to think of it,they wouldn't be live ones would they, lol). Great pic, I'll find one of the pot Robbie reconstructed from a pretend dig kit to show you. Haven't heard from him, btw. :(
Talk soon.
E
xx

Joy said...

Love the shot!

I've never been to a crop either but I'm sure you'll have fun! :D

Hazel said...

That's a great take on today's prompt. You'll be fine at the crop - sure you'll enjoy it once there (mind you, I've never been to one and would be feeling nervous)

Vanda said...

Wow Bobs, well done. I think I'd have smashed it and then given up trying to reconstruct it. Will we see you on Time Team anytime soon? :O) Great photo xXx

Amanda Cheek said...

Very great picture! I love the detail! Good Luck on Saturday!

etteY said...

cool shot! Goodluck with the crop! don't be nervous and have fun! :D

Linda said...

Great pic! Hope you enjoy the crop, I've never been to one (always have the kids around!) so have no idea what you'll find there but I'm sure you'll have fun. :-)

Jolanda said...

Great picture!

Charli said...

Love the photo Bobs! And I know what you mean about the crop I went to a few a bit back and was cacking it!! What do you take, how much stuff, what in etc etc etc!! But after I had been the first time, it was fine! Good luck love, you'll really enjoy it!

Chris said...

Great photo Bobs... I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy your first crop when you get there... have fun :)