Search This Blog

Sunday, 9 September 2007

S.O.S.

Is it really a whole week since the last Show Off Sunday? Doesn't feel like it!

So here's my offering. Not a technically brilliant shot by any means ... and the clutter in the background annoys me .... but I really like it anyway. A few months ago, Tim and I had the 4 grandkids over for an afternoon of crafting and creating .... or as Cameron called it, a Craft Afty! lol

Here is Saffron, concentrating hard on mixing the ingredients to make some fairy cakes. I love the way she's holding the bowl and also the way she's holding the wooden spoon! If you're wondering what on earth she's wearing, it's one of Tim's old shirts, worn back-to-front. All four of them had one! So, as I say, not the best shot in the world, but definitely one of my favourites!




Not sure what the day has in store for us. Tim usually goes to teach his swordfighting class in Aberdeen, but he wasn't feeling up to it today, so he called to say he wouldn't be there. Right now, he's rearranging the stuff on the shelves in the kitchen, to make way for his cookery books!

19 comments:

MaaikeV said...

what a cute picture!

Debbie said...

beautiful pic - i love it when the kids give me a hand in the kitchen, reminds me of when i was little and use to help my mum!

Gemma* said...

she looks like she's having so much fun . . . there's something about making cakes that I never grew out of! (there's a little recipe on my blog today if you want to try something new!)

Diana said...

ovely pic. he loks so cute and i would not worry about the background all i saw was her and that beautiful hair.

Terry said...

What a nice picture, she is concentrating so hare. What a pretty name, Saffron. 4 grandchildren how lucky you are.

Rebecca said...

what a great capture!
I can't wait till my boy is big enough to do cooking projects with me. It looks like so much fun.

Ninnie said...

Such a cute picture. Love her hair.

Pam said...

I'm catching up for a couple days. I think your SP is genius. I may have to try that next time. And I can really understand why you like that photo of Saffron. She's so precious.
Thank you for leaving such nice comments on my blog. And the photo of the ocean was taken at Bandon, Oregon which is about a two hour drive from where I live. I love the coast when it is like this, but it is often cold, windy, and foggy or cloudy.

Eleanor said...

Your grandchildren are so lucky to have you to have fun with. Making memories they will keep forever.
E
xx

Terrie Farrell said...

She looks so into it doesn't she? Well done. X

Sue Nicholson said...

Fab shot. In years to come I am sure that you'll look at the clutter and laugh. Better than nickers drying on the radiator as in one of mine!!!

Do you use PhotoShop? You could get rid of the clutter realatively easily if you do. Of course I mean from the photo :D

Sue

Joy said...

Aww...cute pic. Must have been a perfect day for you and the grandkids! :D

etteY said...

cute picture! and i looooooooooooove your nose ring! you're very pretty!

Kate said...

love that pic!!

bonnette said...

what a gorgeous shot! Never mind the clutter at the background: it's the way it went! You don't what her to remember she had to clean up ALL THE TIME instead of great backing!!!

Anne said...

Fabulous!!! This is the stuff happy memories are made of! What a gorgeous pic!

WendyB said...

Aww, that's a wonderful picture - more cakes !!

Chris said...

Great photo Bobs...she looks very engrossed in what she is doing :)

Ruth said...

That photo is absolutely priceless!! Definitely a keeper.