Search This Blog

Tuesday, 4 September 2007

Thoughful .....

..... is the photo prompt on HSMS today and here is 4 year old Saffron in that very mood. I've cheated by only two days, because I actually took this on Sunday. It's not often we catch her like this - she's normally a real live-wire! I've just realised it's more than a bit dark. Sorry!



I must say a huge 'thank you' to all of you fellow HSMS players for your lovely comments yesterday. I'm touched that you all took the time to say something, so once again, thank you so much. xxx

I had an appointment at the Thyroid Clinic today and it appears that my levels are normal now. Hmmmmmmmm. In that case, I asked the doc, why am I so grossly overweight, why do my feet and ankles swell up every night, why am I so out of breath all the time and why do I have NO energy at all? Well, he answers, when your thyroid was overactive, you probably got used to eating a bit more than you needed, but it was being used up by the thyroid. Now though, it's back to normal and even though I'm not eating any more, it's still more than my body needs, so it's going on as fat. Oh dear, oh dear. Basically, I'm fat. Nothing I didn't know then! Looks like it'll be a diet for me in the very near future. I'm HOPELESS at dieting!!!
HELLLLLLP!!!

16 comments:

Joy said...

Lovely photo! I know what you mean by hardly catching the kids in such a mood. I took a different interpretation with my pic coz there was no way I was going to catch any of the kids in a thoughtful mood today! LOL!

So sorry to hear about your loss.

Hazel said...

That is such a gorgeou sphoto - and it's certainly not too dark. It's good to know that your thyroid is OK, but losing weight is such a struggle - I'm trying atm!

pretty-pink-cards said...

hey thats a great photo.. just perfect..
don't you worry about weight deal with one thing at a time... says she who always struggles!!!
lol Caroline x

Terrie Farrell said...

Oh you and me both with regards the diet....,.i last a couple of weeks and then lose interest instead of weight! Great photo. X

WendyB said...

Lovely shot

SuzyB said...

Beautiful photo of her :o)x

Karen said...

Dear Bobs, I didn't get here yesteday so I read the last several entries today. I'm so sorry about your father-in-law. What a wonderful relationship you had. Your photos are all lovely, but today's is especially beautiful. Not too dark at all.

cass said...

beautiful thoughtful photo, love the red curls too
about your thyroid please email me if you want information i too am overactive
one thing to remember is that normal is a range and if you are in the bottom of the range you will keep putting on weight and fluid um i'm not sure how to give you my email without posting it LOL

etteY said...

lovely photo!

don't worry about being fat, you're not alone *aherm* LOL :D

Diana said...

I love that hair!!! t is so gorgeous!

sharon said...

I just love this pic..
I know exactly what you are going through, I have an underactive thyroid so have to watch my weight constantly..excercise helps if you can gather energy to do it.x

Chris said...

Gorgeous photo Bobs... what a pretty girl she is:)
I know how you feel about dieting I am hopelessly trying to lose a few pounds myself and all I can think about is FOOD!!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful photo. Really nice lighting for the mood.
I understand your thyroid/weight struggle. I'm in remission from Graves Disease (for the second time) so now my thyroid levels are normal I'm putting on weight :(

Louise said...

I love photos like this, the ones where they are oblivious to the camera:)

Anne said...

Absolutely gorgeous thoughtful shot, and not too dark at all! Weight is a BIG issue with me too! I try so hard but I just don't exercise enough :o(

Eleanor said...

Perfect capture. She is gorgeous btw. But you knew that I'm sure.
E
xx