Search This Blog

Monday, 8 October 2007

Hands up who likes Justin Hayward?

Mememememe!!!!

For those of you too young to remember, Justin was the singer with the Moody Blues and had/has the most amazing, achingly beautiful, voice.

Where am I going with this, I hear you ask? Well ....... many years ago, he recorded a gorgeous song on the War of the Worlds album, called ....... Forever Autumn. And there you have it - it may be a tenuous link with the word of the day over on HSMS, but 'tis a link nonetheless - and the perfect excuse to mention the sublime Mr Hayward in my blog!

So, although not as beautiful as his voice, here is my shot for today. Taken in my garden after I got home from work, it's the seed head of some kind of dandelion-type weed!

17 comments:

Aubrey Harns said...

What a neat looking plant. Great photo!
Aubrey

Maaike said...

wow stunning!

Andrew said...

We had War of the Worlds on LP (had to put it on minidisc when I upgraded the amplifier as it wouldn't play LPs) Great album, great track, great singer, great photo with smashing composition, and depth of field. Stunning!
Ax

Rachael said...

You have beautiful weeds at your place Bobs. I'm going to put that mp3 on now as I just love it especially "forever autumn"
x

Rachael said...

Me again Bobs. Should have said before War of the Worlds is on tour this year with Justin! It is in Aberdeen on Dec 4th. Visit http://www.thewaroftheworlds.com/ for all the details and dates. Rach x

Louise said...

gosh that is a stunning shot:) thanks for sharing:)

Joy said...

It's a beautiful shot! Very interesting!

Hazel said...

What an exquisite photo!

etteY said...

stunning shot Bobs!

etteY said...

hi bobs! it's me again, i just want to ask how do you share your flickr photos here? coz i also want to have mine at my sidebar :D

sharon said...

WOW..Bobs I just love that..would make a beautiful canvas print.!

Jolanda said...

Great picture! Never seen this!

Eleanor said...

Yup, agree with Sharon, can see that as a print. Fabulous. Weeds are so beautiful.
Recalling the lyrics, I can sooooo see why you love the song so much.
xxx
E

cass said...

OMG Awesome shot, love the detail, you must have an awesome camera, i'm very jealous

SuzyB said...

What a cool shot! Looks really interesting x

Charli said...

It does look fantastic Bobs - what a pretty weed!!

Ill have to find that song too now!

Sue Nicholson said...

This has to be one of the classics. I love this song :)

Love the album too and long before the re-release (un)intentionally scared my kids with it!

And that is a fabulous photo and a wonderful screen saver too! Clever you Bobs :)