Search This Blog

Monday, 15 October 2007

I can sing a rainbow

We've got three weeks of weekly challenges on HSMS just now, the first of which is 'Rainbow', starting today with Red. I took this first shot with my phone at work(hence the terrible quality), where I gathered up all the red things near my desk!




When I got home from work, Tim had cooked me a delicious meal of smoked cod and cannellini beans with parsley and olive oil .... followed by this scrummy yummy dessert. It's got fresh raspberries and blackberries covered with some raspberry coulis at the bottom of the glass, then in the middle, it's got greek yoghurt mixed with honey, then topped off with more coulis and fresh fruit! Mmmmmmmmmm!! And just the right colour for today's word! Well, it's more of a burgundy/winey/purply colour, but hey ho!

14 comments:

Sue Nicholson said...

Hi Bobs :) How you doin ?

Actually it's not bad at all, (maybe I need another eye test)! These phones can take a pretty good photo. LOL. Walkers crisps . . . love 'em and I see like me you don't bother with the low fat variety! :D

I think you may have to start hiring your hubby out :) What a delicious meal for you to share.

Bye for now . . . Sue

ps r u taking somthin orange 2 work tomorrow?

Charli said...

I was going to ask the same thing as Sue! Can you lend Tim to our house please!??? I must get Shaun trained up....lol

love the red pic for today - lots of it - and walkers REaDy salted happen to be my fave! Apart from Seabrooks prawn cocktail. Oh and those salt and vinegar squares crisps - went mad for those when i was pregnant lol

Rachael said...

OMG that pudding looks soooo good. Is there a recipe? Can Tim teach Pete how to cook like that please? Love your first reds too but the bottom one is much much yummier looking. x

SuzyB said...

I agree with Rach, both great reds but I'd definitely go for the bottom one! x

sharon said...

I am not kidding Bobs...my mouth is watering for that desert..and how nice to have that on a Monday night!!..scrummy take on the prompt.x

mil lunares said...

I prefer the green ones by the way (salt&vinegar) *lol* lovely mixture of red things and yummy berry too

Hazel said...

Mmmmmm yummy red!!!

Karen said...

That's one great photo from your phone. I've never tried one with mine. Maybe it's not as bad as I imagined!

Deanne said...

that pudding looks yummy, very good red today x

etteY said...

yummy pudding! can you please ask tim to share with us the recipe? LOL! great reds today! :D

Eleanor said...

Hehe, just spotted your crisps, quality.
Cracking dessert, what a guy. But you knew that, lol. (I don't think I've ever had smoked cod, is it like smoked haddock, sort of?) I feel like some kedgeree now.
E
xx

Chris said...

Fab photo's Bobs... love the angle in the first one :D
Those coulis look mouthwatering... isn't your hubby a handy man to have around :D

Terrie Farrell said...

Much much much prefer the second pic! yummy yummy!

pokettiger said...

What a yummy dessert! And how nice to have it fulfill your red photo need of the day too.