Search This Blog

Saturday, 13 October 2007

Is it 'that' day again already?

By 'that' day, of course I mean SPS day! Well, here's mine for this week. It's a lovely, sunny day here so I thought I would take a shot of me looking out of the patio doors, complete with eyes screwed up against the bright sun! lol




At long last, it seems that big sis Irene and BIL Zander, will be moving in to their new house next door, within the next week or so! I can't wait. Their kitchen and bathrooms are almost all done, the carpet layers are coming on Monday and the water should be switched on sometime this week. Oooooh - it's all getting so exciting now!

Tim is off tutoring another geology field trip today. Not so glamorous as the Alps and Pyrenees this time though ..... it's just about 50-60 miles up the coast from here! While I'm on the subject of his geology .... it looks like he's going to be able to carry on with his PhD after all. He had a couple of meetings with his supervisor and the head of the school (the head of the whole Physical Sciences faculty) and he has asked Tim if he would like a part-time position as his research assistant!!! Would he? Oh yeah, baby!!! The job includes tutoring and lecturing 1st year geology students, doing more field trips and anything else that needs doing. It's only 2 days per week and they are quite happy for Tim to carry on doing his work for the other university too! We're both thrilled to pieces!

Right!! I really and truly MUST get on with the CJ! I won't have much time tomorrow because it's Aaliyah's 6th birthday and I'm helping Kerry to supervise a whole host of kiddypops at her bowling party! Yikes. lol

13 comments:

Diana said...

Oh I do like your SP. Wish I could get better with closeups! Love reading your newsy blog!

pretty-pink-cards said...

thats a great shot... with sun too...
lucky you
caroline x

Maaike said...

lovely sunny photo!

sharon said...

lovely warm shot, you can just see how sunny it is there, wish it was here!.x

Hazel said...

I love it!

Charli said...

Ooooh party sounds fun Bobs!!

Congrats to Tim on the Research post, thats fab news!!

Love the SP for today Bobs. I really have to start mixing mine up a bit. Maybe I could stand on my head or something for next week? Mine always look the same!! Lol

Louise said...

I love the contrast of you against the dark background... great close up:)

Farmersgirl said...

Great pic, Bobs. Great news about the PhD, so hard to make your way in academia. I work for a univeristy too and know that this is major achievement.

Janice

SuzyB said...

I really like your SPS, theres just something about it, very cool. Well done for Tim too!

Caz said...

Great pic.
Caz
x

MommyBa said...

I love the photo! At least I got to associate the face behind the name as this is my 1st HS:MS.

Happy weekend!

Chris said...

Fabulous SPS ... great lighting and a great pose.
Hope you have lots of fun at the bowling party :D

Sue Nicholson said...

Great photo and I like the spare room on the right. I find it really hard to crop like this yet it looks so good when others do it.

How fab to have your family so close. My lil bro is two hours drive away and the big one is in Spain :( Though that's nice for him!

So pleased to read everything is going well for Tim :)

Sue