Search This Blog

Wednesday, 24 October 2007

A new theme!

Over on HSMS, we've finished our rainbow of colours and now we're moving on to favourite places / objects from different parts of the house, starting today with the lounge.

We've got 2 lounges .... our 'posh' one, that's only used at Crimbo and New Year (at other times, it's just used to store stuff - lol).... and our nice, cosy and friendly little one, which is the one we use all the time. The little one is where I took this shot. As you can see, it's a divided display box thingie. My first DH and I received it from one of his sisters when we were not long married - around 30 years ago now. Yikes!! Anyway, each section is no more than a couple of inches wide and high, give or take. I don't think there is one single thing I have bought for this. Each and every little thing has been a gift, so they all have special memories attached to them.

I love it ...... dust and all!! lol




The big news of the day is that Irene and Zander have officially moved in!! Yay! Now I just need to walk across the field to reach them! I'll try to get a pic of both houses when I have time, probably over the weekend.

11 comments:

Hazel said...

What a lovely little haven of keepsakes - very special.

sharon said...

evenin Bobs..cuddles from Niamh also.x
How nice to have something like that, lovely memories.x

Bambi said...

wonderful! especially since all of them were a gift (^_^)

Charli said...

Ah that is lovely Bobs - a special place for special memories. It looks like its full of wonderful and interesting stuff too!

Marina said...

I love your pic, I have a shelf like that it is an old printers draw, I haven't put it up in our new house yet will have to get round to it. :~) xx

etteY said...

you have a really great lounge there Bobs!

Shannon said...

I have one of those. Mine is an old type setting box. From when they had to set each letter to print anything. Very cool. Mine is still half empty. To get the music go to Starbucks song of the day redeem now.

SuzyB said...

Is does look like its full of interesting bits and bobs, fantastic!

Lynsey said...

I had one just like this a child. Absolute nightmare to dust.

Eleanor said...

Presents from past to present. How lovely to have them all together. Oh the memories.
Look forward to pics of the house. Thanks for being there.xxx
E
xx

Chris said...

Wow I love this Bobs... how gorgeous :D