Search This Blog

Tuesday, 9 October 2007

What a crock!

The word over on HSMS today is 'Crockery' and even though I'd been thinking about what to do all day at work, I still had no real idea by the time I got home. I took shots of my everyday crockery, my 'Christmas' crockery and some others, but wasn't happy with any of them. Then I remembered some of the dishes that I got from mum's house after she died and decided to go with them. These were our granny's Sunday Best dishes and both Irene and I remember eating many Christmas dinners off these as children! Over the years, quite a few of the pieces have been broken, or are just missing, so we decided to split the remaining ones between us - and these are my share.




The heating in our offices is still not fixed, so we have loads of little fan heaters going in the mornings to try to heat up the place! BIL and I get there at about 6.20am and it's like an ice box!! Hope it gets fixed before winter sets in!

10 comments:

SuzyB said...

Beautiful and precious crockery Bob. And no lol, not all my Crocs. I have 3 real pairs, 2 pretend pairs and the kids and Beech all have a pair of £5 Asda ones LOL

Terrie Farrell said...

Very pretty!

Charli said...

Lovely pink flowers on them Bobs - love the angle this has been taken from too - fab shot!

Ruth said...

Those are stunning dishes. Love them. I hope you are able to warm up soon. It's actually starting to really cool off here and I'm loving it!!!

Hazel said...

Very pretty pattern on your crockery

etteY said...

beautiful! love those little flower print on it! :D

pokettiger said...

Such pretty plates. Nice angle.

Farmersgirl said...

Lovely Bobs, Indian Tree pattern, we used to have some of those as well.

Jolanda said...

Great crockery. Very precious!

Sue Nicholson said...

Great minds . . . as you already know :)

Fab crockery and special memories. Wouldn't it be great to have just one more family meal with them?

Sue