Search This Blog

Monday, 5 November 2007

Always look on the bright side of life .......

..... as Eric Idle sang! And I do. Look on the bright side, that is.

The word today over on HSMS, is 'Sad'. Well, the absolute worst thing that could ever happen (every parent's nightmare), has already happened to me - so now I know that nothing that could ever happen, could possibly make me that sad again. So my philosophy now is, to smile and try to be positive about all things. It doesn't always work, but most of the time it does.

So, I had major problems finding something sad ..... and this is the best I could do. It's a bamboo plant that my YD Jodie bought for my granny's birthday three years ago, just a couple of weeks before granny died. It's been going downhill for a while now and despite watering and feeding, I think it's just come to the end of its life. I shall keep it till it's all yellow though .... just in case it should come back to life with a vengeance!




Bonfire night and the fireworks are banging and hissing away like mad ... even out here in the sticks. I refuse to have them. I think all sales of fireworks to the public should be banned and there should only be organised displays.

Am I turning into a grumpy old woman?


Don't answer that!

12 comments:

Lynsey said...

Hope it comes back to life.... I agree with you about fireworks being banned.

Rachael said...

If your a grumpy old woman then I am one too as I think they should only be allowed at organised displays too. Great sad shot and I hope it recovers.x

Caz said...

We have stacks in our garden, DH said it is best just to leave it alone and it seems to grow well...well that is his approach anyway.
Caz
x

Sue Nicholson said...

I have read your other site and so know a little to what you are refering. I have never been there, and naturally I would never want to, so I have no words to give so although it won't make any difference I am still sending you a BLOODY BIG ((HUG)).

Mmmmmm looks like you are right about the plant Bobs. it sure is sad looking. Very yellow.

Take Care . . . Sue

p.s. Agree re the fireworks. Can't buy guns or bombs legally but hey have this instead !!! I think not.

Jenga said...

I am sorry I don't know what sadness has happened in your past but I am glad I discovered your blog through HS:MS - you seem such a positive person :) Loads of healing growth vibes to the plant :)
xx

Diana said...

That is so sad Bobs. I do not like to lose plants!

SuzyB said...

I echo Jenga, I dont know what youve been through but I admire your positivity coming out the other side, you're an inspiration for that alone.

Poor plant LOL

Angela said...

Poor little plant :-(

I agree about the bloomin' fireworks. Across the road from my house some people had some of those really pretty ones that shoot up into the air and explode into thousands of glorious colours. All very pretty but as it exploded each one sounded like a bomb going off. What ever happened to the ones that hissed there way up silently.

etteY said...

dying plants are really sad! I love your title... I think it'll be my new motto LOL!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

that poor plant makes me feel sad - hurry up with an excited picture so I can feel happy again!

Chris said...

Awww your plant does look truly sad Bobs!! Hope it grows again instead of dying.

I'm with you on the fireworks too... the banging went on here until 2am and it was beginning to get on my nerves...so guess I'm turning into a grumpy old woman too :D

Eleanor said...

Awww, you've had more sadness than many, and you're still sweet natured and cheery.
E
xx