Search This Blog

Thursday, 8 November 2007

Anxious!

I'm definitely not a person who is prone to anxiousness. Decidedly the opposite, I think. But if there's one thing that gets me every time, it's the wind. I don't mind a gentle breeze, or even the odd gust or two, but when it gets like it is today, you're gosh-darned-tootin' I get anxious. We've had really strong gales all day, although I've been at work and haven't been aware of them. According to Tim, we even had a power-cut for a couple of hours this afternoon!

Now however, I'm home and the noise in the house is just horrendous and yes, I'm anxious. Anxious that the roof will come off, that the windows will blow in, that the steading doors will become detached from their hinges and end up smashing into Tim's car ....... you name it, I'm anxious about it!

So it was with great trepidation that I wrapped up warmly and went into the garden to try to photograph the wind. This is the result ........



I only took this one shot, because as soon as I set foot outside, the hailstones started to batter down. My poor ears were pinged by quite a few and my camera just didn't want to know. I think the hailstones were confusing it!

So is it just me, or can anyone else see the strangeness of this shot?

It appears that the trees are blowing from right to left (which is correct, by the way), but the hailstones seem to be blowing from left to right. Decidedly odd.


Now I'd like to say a HUGE 'thank you' to Mommaba for the "Amazing Blogger" award! I'm not so sure I deserve it, but I'm thrilled all the same!


Tim's been doing his Nigella impression whilst I was at work and came up with this masterpiece!!





Delissssssssshus!!!

19 comments:

maz said...

What an amazing photo Bobs! I can see what you mean about it swirling in all directions- quite spooky really! Winter is here....

Rachael said...

OMG that cake looks gorgeous do you think it would be edible if you sent me some in the post? Love your anxious picture too - I hate the wind ever since the gate fell on our car. It's not been too bad here today.x

Jenga said...

Cool anxious picture - v spooky! And the cake D-E-L-I-cious!!!

Caz said...

Totally amazing photo, the winds here around 3pm were whipping up a frenzy. Your Tim is definately a keeper with cooking skills like that.
Caz
x

Caz said...

Totally amazing photo, the winds here around 3pm were whipping up a frenzy. Your Tim is definately a keeper with cooking skills like that.
Caz
x

amandamagpie said...

Fab picture, Bobs, very odd indeed. And that cake... does Tim have an unattached brother? LOL x

sharon said...

drool..drool..fantabulous cake, been very windy here today also, our loft hatch lifts when it's very windy, scares the living daylights out of me every time.x

Lynsey said...

Fab interpretation and wow does that cake look good.

SuzyB said...

Very spooky photo indeed, but very cool! OMG look at that cake!

Deanne said...

thats a great shot and omg that cake! looks really moist and perfect for chocaholic like me!!! x

Hazel said...

Oh yummmmmmm. Great anxious photo - strange about the direction of the hail. Hope the wind calms.

etteY said...

Bobs you're makin' me dizzy with that cake... I want to have it now!!! LOL!

great anxious photo! look scary :-s

Anam_Kihaku said...

gorgeous photos - i can taste the cake from here.

please drop me an email about your tattoos please :)

Casey said...

Great photos. Your last set is making me hungry!

Sue Nicholson said...

I agree totally. Hate the wind. It's scary and unpredictable. A fab shot that captures the feeling so well that I went cold and shivery . . . brandy is needed I think to revive me :)

And lovin the cake. Moist and tasty . . . . another fab shot.

Sue :)

Eleanor said...

Gosh I think you were standing in a mini tornado. Scary, and the mood is really eerie too.
Tim that cake is just fabulous is it the ganache one? Big Nigella fan here, wish she had more pictures in her books.
BOBS - spoiler warning. I'm about to put my CJ pages on my blog. Please don't look.
E
xx

Louise said...

OMG you so need to stop showing us how amazing Tim is... i'd love it if Rob baked me yummo choc cake like that!!!

Fabby wind shot too:)

PLEASE CONTACT ANAM... would love to see you do something on your tats:)

Charli said...

Hooray! Its great to read your blog again Bobs!

Fab pic of the wind! And that cake looks fab - any left?? Lol there wouldnt be if it had been in my house!

pokettiger said...

Trying not to look at that cake...as it looks so yummy and makes me want to stop and pick up some chocolate after work. The photo of the hail coming down is so interesting and cool.