Search This Blog

Sunday, 4 November 2007

Anyone for tennis ...... or golf?

I'm delving into my B&W archive again to day to bring you another photograph of my three kids when they were small. This was taken in late summer 1988 at the public tennis courts in Fraserburgh. Even then Jodie had a fabulous sense of fun! I was trying to keep the kids' lives as normal as possible after losing my first DH - their dad - just a couple of months previously.



It's a bit grainy because I had used the wrong setting on the old camera, but I still love this shot!

Well, the golf tournament on the Wii went well for the guys yesterday evening! Great fun and hilarity was had by all, judging by the laughs that I heard whilst sitting up here in my craft room!
Here are Peter, Ian, Gordon and Tim (pretending to be Charlie's Angels! lol)before they actually started.



Then they did their 'catalogue' poses! Tee heeeee!!



In the end, Ian emerged triumphant!



They didn't get finished till after 2.00am, then I drove them all home. Taxis are a nightmare to get hold of on a Saturday night and they had all had a few(!) beers, so wouldn't have been able to drive themselves.

Tim's off again today to his swordfighting class, so I'm hoping to get some crafting done in between trying to scale the twin peaks of washing and ironing!



I've been tagged again - this time by Kate and it's about crafty stuff! Answer 5 questions, link to whoever sent the tag to you, then nominate 2 others by linking to them and letting them know on their blogs!

Ok, here goes:

1. If you could have £100 worth of scrapbook paper or assorted embellishments, which would you choose?

Definitely the scrapbook paper and card. A girl can never have enough!

2. If you had to choose between using only stamps or rubons, which would you choose?

Stamps - absolutely and without a shadow of a doubt. I love them completely!!

3. If you knew how to do both awesome cards and layouts but could only do one for a whole year...which would you do?

Layouts, every time. I'm a very slow scrapper so to have a whole year to do nothing BUT layouts would be bliss

4. Would you rather own a scrapbooking store or have your own scrapping room at home...(can't have both he he he)

I think I'd go for the store, then I would order in stock that I want, then keep it all to myself!! OK, not a very good business plan, but OOOOOH what fun!!

5. And last but not least, what is your CURRENT cardmaking or scrapping style.

I think this is where my problems lie ... I don't think I have a style. Maybe if I did, things would be easier. I suppose if I had to say, I would go for vintage and heritage. I love getting things to look old, used and loved.

Well now I have to nominate 2 more people!
I don't think Ellie has done this one .... and neither has Sue, so that's who I'm going for!

13 comments:

Diana said...

Great SOS Bobs, Love the detail of the racket and the fence and of course the jolly kids!.
Looks like the golf day was a great success but mm what is Wii??

SuzyB said...

I do love you SPS, they do look like they are enjoying themselves despite it being what must have been a really hard time in their lives.

As for the rest of the photots, you're a bunch of nutters :o)) xx

etteY said...

great sos! they all look so cute and funny! :D

Angela said...

Love the sos, what a great shot :-)

It looks like they had stacks of fun with the Wii golf, great photos!

Mary said...

I love reading your blog Bobs....you're such an upbeat sort of person! I'm glad you were tagged as I feel I know you better now.

Great photo of the kids when younger and strange though it may seem I think the 'graininess' adds to the photo! :)

Hazel said...

Great photos today. Love that first b & w one.

Kate said...

Haha boys and their toys.

Thanks for the tag, had more than one so I'm tagging you back with a different crafty one, mwhahaha!

Gemma* said...

cool SOS pic - they look like they were having fun :)

Andrew said...

Love the graininess on the SOS Bobs, great shot!
Ax

Sue Nicholson said...

Photos are so precious aren't they Bobs? This is a super shot and really must bring back some good, and probably some sad, memories. Thanks for sharing :)

What are these guys like!! Looks like they had a fab time . . . boys never really grow up do they!!!

Thanks for this tag . . . I soooo understand the last one and the first sentence will be "blog-lifted" from you :D But my tendency is to go for modern and new.

Off to cook tea . . .bye for now . . .Sue

Caz said...

Lovely Shot Bobs.
Caz
x

Farmersgirl said...

Great SOS Bobs, lovely to look back at your memories. I'm about to start digging out some old pics to make a scrapbook for DS1 who will be 21 in January - Arrgh!!!

Janice

Skotasma said...

Great shots.
They look like they had lots of fun - and beer ;)