Search This Blog

Tuesday, 6 November 2007

Feelin' hot, hot , hot!

So when I got home from work, we immediately had to go out again, to collect Tim's car from the garage, where it was in getting a fuel leak repaired. When we got there, he collected his car and I dropped mine off, because it's started making the most fearsome racket when I reach 50mph and over. It's like the noise you get when you're driving in too high a gear for the speed you're doing. It's sooooo loud!! Hope (a) that the garage can fix it - and (b) it isn't too expensive.

When we got back home again, Tim said we were having this for supper .......



Oooooh yum, said I, before going upstairs to get washed and changed out of my working clothes. Why is it that I'm comfortable enough all day in them, but as soon as I set foot indoors at home, I can't wait to get into something loose and baggy?

I digress......

When I came back down, looking the picture of loveliness with my huge baggy fleece jumper and my black mid-calf length leggings on, not forgetting my black fake Crocs, Tim was busy chopping some flat leafed parsley .......



By this time, the food on the hob smelled divine and I was getting excited (which just so happens to be the word of the day over on HSMS. Fab link there, eh? lol) so I laid the table and cut the french stick.



Tim then served it up .......



...... which leads me neatly back to the title of this post. There were chillies in it and it was HOT!!!! Not according to Tim, who loves spicy food - but to my delicate and sensitive palate it was, in fact, hot! That's not to say it wasn't absolutely delicious, because it was! It just nipped my throat and my tongue and my lips a bit too much. Having said that, I still finished it and wished there was more!

15 comments:

Caz said...

Wow...dinner looks great, and love all the photos of it...good job I had already had my dinner...or I would have been drooling.
Caz
x

Aubrey Harns said...

All great shots Bobs - did you feel my elbow in your side pushing you over so I could have a seat at the table?! That all looks so good. Hope you enjoyed!
Aubrey

Jenga said...

WOW that looks delicious YUM YUM !! cool shots ;)

Marina said...

That dinner looks wonderful, I love spicy food too. Hope your car is ok mine is going into garage tomorrow as mine also is making a really bad sound when it is put into gear so it could be the gear box oh no not my baby car (first car as only past test end of march) I love my little car. You must let us know how it is tomorrow. :~) xx

Lynsey said...

Wow, can i have him on loan?!!!!
Piccys look fab Bobs.

Louise said...

I had to laugh at the lovely photo of the lush looking food.... and the plastic lurpak tub there looking very out of place!!!

I am so jealous you have a DH who cooks you nice food!

SuzyB said...

Looks delicious, Im jealous sat here with a bowl of rice!

Bambi said...

that looks so yummy! i love spicy food (^_^)

Louise said...

BOBS!!!
CAN YOU CONTACT ANAM ABOUT DOING SOMETHING FOR THE INKED BLOG!!!

SHE WOULD REALLY LIKE YOU TO BE UP FOR THIS

http://www.inkedscrapbookers.com/2007/10/a-secret-projec.html

Rachael said...

Mmmm that looks delicious. I could probably make Scotland for around tea time tomorrow night if I leave after taking the kids to school!!!
x

Diana said...

Great post today! Love your shots as usual
Love from Di

etteY said...

scrumptious meal BOBS! I wish I live next door so I could just knock at your door every time I smell Tim's cooking LOL!

Skotasma said...

Wow that looks good.
My food hardly ever looks good with a flash or anything else than sunlight.

sharon said...

I did wonder if you were going to see them as I knew you liked them..most sure they are in Glasgow or Arberdeen now..i have just noticed another music interest we share...Red Hot Chili Peppers..never seen them live but one to tick off my list.:)

Eleanor said...

Was not chillies I was thinking of when I saw your title,lol.
Fabulous meal. Rick is the king of hot in this house, I'm more like you, lips go numb quickly, but do love it, and with pasta - well, can't go wrong for me.
E
xx