Search This Blog

Tuesday, 11 December 2007

Give me the moonlight .......

...... give me the girls ..... and leave the rest to me! So sang Frankie Vaughan (I think). When I was little, I thought his name was Frank Yvonne. Lolol

It's so funny when you pick something up wrongly - like the lyrics to a song, for example. I'm sure there's a word for this, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. Never mind. Remember the song 'Golden Brown' by The Stranglers? For years and years, Kerry and I though that Hugh Cornwell was singing, "Golden Brown, texture like sun, lays me down with my mansheerons." We often used to wonder what mansheerons were, until Simon eventually pointed out that he was actually singing, " .... with my mind she runs." Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Oh, how we laughed!!

Getting hastily back to today ....

The word is 'Moonlight' and seeing as how there is NO MOON at the moment, here's one I took in July as I strolled round the garden late in the evening. Sorry about the noise, but it's enlarged a fair bit as it was also taken with the old Cybershot.



Tim cooked chicken breasts with guacamole salsa and mixed roasted vegetables, for supper tonight. He'd also baked another of Nigella's chocolate cakes this afternoon, so of course I had a slice of that too! Well, it would be very rude not to ........ wouldn't it?

Mmmmmmmmm!!

Finally for today, here are some more pics of Tim's frosty car! I've really cranked up the contrast in the third one, so you can see the patterns of ice on his sunroof.

Enjoy!



9 comments:

Bambi said...

very nice moon and those frost patterns are just super!

Sue Nicholson said...

Hi Bobs :-)

Yes, frosty here today too . . . would have been ideal for yesterday's photo prompt. Great photos, isn't nature amazing?

Love the shot of moonlight . . . such a pretty sky.

Oooooo you evening meal sounds delightful and that cake yummy :-)

Bye for now . . . Sue

Jenga said...

Love your shot of moonlight. The frost patterns are amazing!

My little bro and I thought Dire Straights sang "your chips for free" instead of "chicks for free" in Money for Nothing - I still sing it our way if I have the misfortune of hearing it on the radio ;)

maz said...

Those frosty pics are brilliant- looks like modern art. Good to have you back Bobs. LOL at the lyrics- I'm sure I've got some examples but I can't think of any right now- too tired!

Charli said...

Love the frosty pics Bobs, and Im a fan of madness too - reminds me so much of my Dad in the good ol days, he used to love them and whenever he played their music me n my sis used to dance like crazy to it.

Beautiful moonlight pic too. Very jealous too, of all this scrumptious food you keep getting!! Pizza for tea for us tonight, we're really health conscious at the moment lol

Glad to be back reading your blog bobs x

Jolanda said...

Beautiful picture. Our car has frosting this morning but stupid me.... I didnt make a picture of it. Maybe tomorrow?

Louise said...

Greta moon shot and love those ice patterns.

cass said...

the moon shot is lovely Bobs and your frosty photso are gorgeous

Shannon said...

oh thanks! I am printing off a copy of his roof. Hubby loved the first shot!