Search This Blog

Monday, 10 December 2007

I'm back again!

After my week of having my in-laws staying, I'm finally back blogging .... albeit with a not-very-exciting entry!! This is mainly due to the fact that nothing very exciting has really happened in the meantime. Oh, apart from my birthday (HUGE thanks for all your birthday wishes! I was gobsmacked when I read them all!) and going to see Madness!!!

They were excellent! Lived up to my expectations and more. I didn't have my camera with me, but Jodie took quite a few pics on her phone and when I get them from her, I'll post some on here, if they're good enough!


The word of the day on HSMS is 'Frosty'. Now, I have to hold my hand up and admit that this is a real cheat, for two reasons ....

1) It wasn't taken today
2) I didn't take it

It's the roof of Tim's car and he took this shot when he went to get in the car in December 2005. The frost patterns are sooo lovely!



It was taken on the old Sony Cybershot camera, so the quality isn't so good, but the patterns are still stunning.

I remember when I was a little girl, we didn't have central heating and in the winter time, my big sis Irene and I would open the curtains in the morning and find the inside of the window covered with frost in exquisite patterns. Wish I'd had a camera back then.


I've given up all hope of making cards for Crimbo and have bought a few boxesful from Tesco instead. Norty me. :( I still have loads of presents to wrap, then parcel up to be posted. The lounge needs to be cleared out before we can even think of getting the tree down from the loft. SOOOOOOO much to do, so little time. I'm printing off the prompts for Shimelle's journal every day, but I somehow think it's all going to be in vain. :(

11 comments:

Aubrey Harns said...

Bobs,
Those are beautiful patterns - I'm glad you shared this one with us! Glad you have you back.
Aubrey

Bambi said...

very pretty frosty!

SuzyB said...

Such pretty patterns Bob, a great photo. Wouldnt worry about falling off the journalling Christmas thing, Ive done 4 and fallen off. Its something you can come back to I find when you have time x

Jenga said...

Glad you are back :D Cool shot. I never make Christmas cards either -too stressful :D

Jen said...

wow, stunning patterns!

Karen said...

So cool--I'm glad you shared it!

Rachael said...

I've only done to day 5 of the journal so far but I keep writing down each day what I am going to do and then catch up when I can. Love the picture those patterns are stunnning. x

sharon said...

oohh what pretty patterns, never seen that on a car before, I guess it gets vvveerryyyy cccold up in Aberdeen.x

Shannon said...

Oh Bobs That is a great shot. I love it! I have to show hubby. He paints cars and is always looking for cool natural patterns on cars! Oh I got a picture you will love. Let me put it up on my blog. Give me a few minutes.

Chris said...

ooh lovely to see you back Bobs :D
Fantastic photo!! how cool is that..nature is so beautiful even when it's cold isn't it... must say I've never seen anything like your photo though :D

Sue Nicholson said...

BOBS - EDITING COMMENTS

Correct you can't BUT I highlight all, copy then delete offending comment.

Now I paste in to a new comment and edit.

See your laces later :-)

Sue