Search This Blog

Thursday, 17 January 2008

Numbers ......

...... leave me cold, so for me , they are aptly named ..... NUMB-ers.

If there is such a thing as number dyslexia, I'm sure I suffer from a mild form. I'm all right with one or two at a time, but when confronted by columns of them, I panic and they all jumble up in front of my eyes. I could never be an accountant!

These numbers are very handy though -



Where would we crafters be without our cutting mats. Whether you use the numbers on it or not, it is still a necessity. Unless of course you don't mind a deeply scratched table, with gouges in it and all manner of stuff sticking to it! And you can clean a cutting mat with Stazon cleaner. I wouldn't fancy trying that on my lovely old Ercol dining table!

Work was particulary hectic today, or especially this morning. Myself and our personnel lady, were trying to work out a crew change schedule for our guys on the rig in Mexico. Sounds easy, but it really, REALLY isn't. We were very pleased with ourselves though because apparently, it usually takes a few days to get right, but we managed in one morning. The fact that you could see steam rising from the top of my head, caused by brain overuse, is neither here nor there!

Tim cooked huge salmon fillets tonight, with asparagus, cherry tomatoes and white sauce. Mmmmmmmmmm.

11 comments:

sharon said...

have to say..I'm the same with numbers..which reminds me..must clean my cutting mat!.x

Rachael said...

Clever take on the word. Tell Tim thanks again and I am so looking forward to my tea tomorrow night. x

Sue Nicholson said...

I never use the numbers . . . ever! Great angle and super take today Bobs :-)

And well done you . . . sorting out the "men" in one morning!

Bet tea was very tasty.

Sue

Louise Woolford. said...

great photo, was going to say how clean your cutting mat is, mine is covered in black paint and glitter glue at the moment must clean it.

ellyodd said...

Number dyslexia DOES exist. It's called dyscalculia and is approved by the WHO as a real learning disability.

Check out http://www.dyscalculiaforum.com :)

etteY said...

great shot! I bet that Salmon fillet tastes really good! yuuum!!

Sarah said...

Numb...ers - never thought about that before but it is just so right! Great shot :-)

Fiona (aka Erisindevon) said...

Fab shot - I am envious of your clean cutting mat ;)

Darcy said...

Great shot, love the angle of this.I have 5 cutting mats, use them all the time, however i hardly ever use the numbers on them LOL Most of mine are covered in ink and paint and glue.

Chris said...

Numbers leave me 'numb' too Bob's... in fact they scare the bl**dy life out of me. I'm almost guaranteed to turn into a quivering wreck when faced with a tax return especially!! oooeeer ..but glad I'm not alone :D

cass said...

love the numbers Matt and the angle you photographed it on, i use a glass cutting board i know i have a cutting matt around here somewher but not sure where!