Search This Blog

Friday, 21 March 2008

Crotchety crocheter

Or should that be crochetist? What is the correct term for someone who crochets??

I really wanted to start crocheting a granny square blankie yesterday evening, but for the life of me, I couldn't find ANY of my crochet hooks. I found all of my wools, but no hooks. Grrrrrr. I'll have to go buy some today. Then, what do you bet, as soon as I get home, I'll find the other ones. Ain't it always the way?

Yesterday's word was 'Cloth', so here's an old shot of Tim in a priest's costume (man of the cloth ... lol), for a LARP we played a few years ago. Any excuse to have another photograph of my beloved on here!


Today's word is 'Dress' and here's another oldie, taken a couple of years ago, of me wearing the Victorian gown I made for another LARP. I wish I was this size again! This dress definitely wouldn't fit me now.



I may be back later .......


Guess what? It's later and I AM back! lol

SO Tim and I went into town this morning so that I could buy some crochet hooks. We struggled against the wind to reach the wool shop and I picked out a nice selection of hooks. Then I spied the BAMBOO ones! I absolutely fell in love with bamboo knitting needles after I tried them the first time and now I would never, ever consider going back to steel ones. So of course I just had to have the bamboo hooks! I picked three and imagine my horror when the bill came to just under £12!!!! For three hooks! Even the lovely lady said she couldn't understand how something made of natural materials could cost so much. Maybe the manufacturers include the cost of replanting the bamboo? I don't know why they are so expensive, but I still bought them anyway. Or at least, Tim did. :)

I couldn't wait to get home and get started on my squares! Here are the first four ......


Sorry about the awful quality of this shot, but it was taken on my phone. I'm using leftover wools from when I knitted jumpers and cardigans for my grandchildren, when they were ickle babies and toddlers. I'm glad I didn't get rid of any.

Oh - and in my humble opinion, the bamboo crochet hooks are WELL worth the money! I love them!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Great shot it suits him. x

Monitor de LCD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Diana said...

Hi Bobs seems like ages since I visited your blog! Am so excited that you are crocheting! I had a real nice crochet post on IACW a few weeks back if yu are interested in having a look.
Love Di

http://itsacreativeworld.typepad.com/its_a_creative_world/crochet/index.html

Shannon said...

Great shots bobs and I am very glad to see you back!