Search This Blog

Thursday, 20 March 2008

VBB

Stands for Very Bad Blogger. Very bad indeed. Truth is, I just don't seem to have the time to blog and take part in HSMS. Much as I love taking the photographs, I just can't find the time it takes to comment on everyone else's shots, so it doesn't seem fair that I should play anymore. I may still post the photographs, but I won't be posting on HSMS. Maybe someday, when I have more time and energy, I shall start playing properly again.

I have, however, found some time to do the odd bit of crafting - surprise, surprise!

Here's an ATC I made as part of a permanently ongoing ATC swap on the forum I'm a moderator on.


We had to alter a Smartie tube and fill it with ribbons for another swap recently. Here is my effort .....


Another swap involved altering four beermats. These are my four .....


We had to decorate three luggage tags of a specific size. I brayered these, then stamped the images and covered them with Diamond Glaze, added brads and sentiments and finished off with ribbons.


Finally for now, we had to make a pocket tag book. I used my Bind-it-All to come up with this.


I've been off work for two days because I've been feeling really ill. Headache, stomach ache and feeling sick. Not nice. Today, my head is still thumping, but the sicky feeling has gone, thank goodness.

I'm also trying to lose some weight. I have never been this size in my entire life and I hate it. I lost 5 stones many years ago and managed to more or less keep most of it off until last year, when my thyroid started playing silly beggars. It apparently was overactive for a long time, so when they got it back to normal, although I wasn't eating any more than I normally did, it wasn't being burned up the way it was before, so it was just being stored as fat ........ LOADS of fat. Bucketloads. Lorryloads.

So, here I am trying to make a difference. I lost 6lbs last week (my first week), so that's a good start. Trouble is, I have SOOOOO much to lose, it's going to be quite a while before I (or anyone else for that matter) actually begin to notice.

4 comments:

Rach said...

So nice to know that you are OK and it is just a time issue. Well done on your first week of loosing weight, you will be surprised at how quickly you start to notice a change. (I lost just under 5 stone a few years back). x

Eleanor said...

Oh oh oh, Bobs is back. Lovely to hear from you, truly.
We have different phases in our lives don't we? Mine is very different from the way it was a couple of years ago. We just have to look ahead and hope for a time when we will have more time for the things we enjoy. As long as you still find a little bit of time to craft the beautiful things, and enjoy good company, that's the main thing. Take care.
E
xxx

SuzyB said...

Welcome back! We've missed you.
Good luck with the weight loss and hope you feel better soon xx

Lorraine said...

Eeeee, by gum. You have a lot of swaps on that forum, don't you??? pmsl.

I hope you do find some time to post more piccies. I like them.