Search This Blog

Wednesday, 20 August 2008

School's out for ......

.... a strike.

My youngest grandchild (Saffron, 5) was supposed to start school today, but there was a strike of council workers here in Scotland, so she's couldn't go. The teachers themselves aren't on strike, but people like janitors, cleaners, auxliaries etc are all out, so most of the schools are closed. Poor Saffron was SO looking forward to it today.

Give her a few years and she wouldn't be so disappointed!

Quite a few members of our lovely little forum had a weekend get-together in Nottingham a couple of weeks ago. It was really, really lovely to meet some old friends again and to meet some new ones too.

I made this hanging organiser in Lorraine's Bind-it-All class ....

I used Cosmo Cricket papers, Basic Grey rubons and foam alphabet stamps. The black ink didn't stand out very well against the dark papers, so I highlighted each letter with a white gelly roll pen.


I made this bracelet in Jo's shrink plastic class ....


Then I decorated this candle in Claire's class ...


I tried the technique with a photograph when I got back home ....

It's not so pale in real life and I'm really happy with it. In case you're wondering ...... it's a photograph of Jodie when she was about 4 years old. She's 27 now. Oh my.


.

1 comment:

SuzyB said...

Lots of lovely stuff Bobs! Poor Saffron, hope she enjoys school when she does get there! x