Search This Blog

Sunday, 21 September 2008

Bill Gibb

was a world famous dress designer, especially during the late 60's - mid 70's. He designed for Twiggy, Elizabeth Taylor, Joan Collins, Bianca Jagger, Tessa Dahl and many other famous peeps. Well, he came from my home town! He designed this dress, which I absolutely covet beyond measure...

Not that I'd be able to fit inside it, even if I ever managed to get my covetous mitts on it! It's much, much more ethereal in real life, with lace and tiny beads everywhere. Apparently, this was a wedding dress. Can you imagine!! Wow.
These two, I'm not quite so fond of ...

... although I like the look of the two girlies peeping through! lol

We saw these dresses when we visited our local Heritage Centre yesterday. The kids always have a fun time there.

Don't know what happened to the settings on the camera in this one, but I like it anyway! Poor Kali - her hands get very sore using those crutches.


She is always glad to get a seat.


Cameron having a lie-down in a mock-up of an old fashioned trawler's bunk. I think it would have been much more dirty and flea-ridden in real life!


For some reason, Kali and Cameron wanted me to take their picture upside down, to make it look as though they were hanging from the ceiling. Well of course, it looked nothing like it, but I did like the effect when I rotated the shot back round in Photoshop!


Aaliyah and Saffron, looking gorgeous!


There are dressing-up chests on the way round ... one for ladies' clothes and one for men's. The girls looked so cute in the ladies' clothes ...

..... then they decided to try on some of the men's clothes. Kerry told them to pose like a man would .....


Now, I don't know what sort of guys these girls have met, but I'm worried now!! Lololol

x

6 comments:

WeirdCat said...

Looks like a good time was had by all

Chris T said...

Looks like a great place to visit & yes I love the look of that dress too. I don't remember the designer though

Maria said...

Lovely pics from the heritage centre. the kids look cute. Cant bear the dress though!

Sue Nicholson said...

Yep, I recall Bill Gibb as a designer :-) And that dress is gorgeous, it should be worn and I agree you are just the woman to do that :-)

Lovely photos of the children and LOVING the last one . . . a classic. LOL so natural too.

Good Luck for tomorrow.
Sue :-)

Shannon said...

What a dress!!

voodoo vixen said...

Oh my, with you on the dress... its a stunner and who cares if it fits or not... I would happily give it wardrobe space!! Love the girls 'being men' pic - made me laugh out loud!! Hmmm, does say a lot about local talent doesn't it??? LOL