Search This Blog

Friday, 19 September 2008

Covert Ops

going on in my garden today.

I was trying to take some half-decent shots of bumble bees on my quickly-fading buddleia. I am terrified of bees, so for me to get close enough to take any sort of photo is an achievement ....... especially because, as soon as they move, I'm off!!

So anyway, as I was clicking away, I heard a miaow from the front paddock and there I spied this ...

Dear old Elvis, trying to blend in with his surroundings in order to attempt, no doubt, to pounce on some poor, unsuspecting mouse, vole or shrew. Do you think I should tell him that unless it's deep midwinter and thick with snow, his camouflage just won't work?

Back to the bees.

When I was uploading and Photoshopping my rather feeble attempts, I noticed this one, which I thought would be good for HS:MS today, which is 'Enjoy'. As I enlarged it, I noticed an interloper creeping in from the side.


You just never know what's going on in the great outdoors, do you?

.

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Lol! at Elvis! Love the 'enjoy' photo - good to see you on HS:MS again

Eleanor said...

You wicked mummy, don't you even think of shattering his illusions ;)
don't we all think that maybe one day we'll catch that mouse/falling star if we wait long enough?

And sadly on every beautiful buddleia there's a nasty brown fly creeping around.
Enough philosophy for one day. Have a lovely weekend chickie.
E
xx

Cheyne said...

Beautiful!! The color of the plant is Gorgeous!

Hysteri-CAL said...

You leave that puddy alone ... he wants it ... he'll get it !

WeirdCat said...

Aww poor Elvis but cats are resilient creatures, if they think they can't be seen they are therefore invisible hence the look of utter outrage you get if you ever try to tell them ff for nicking the chicken off the bench!!

SuzyB said...

I LOVE your enjoy shot, its truly stunning. Colours are amazing and DOF is incredible x