Search This Blog

Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Wow!

America has just taken a huge, momentous, historic step forward this morning with the election of Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States of America.
It's so difficult to fathom that, not so long ago - within MY lifetime - non-whites were not permitted to use the same public transport as whites, nto allowed to go to the same schools, etc etc ...... and now the people have actually voted for a non-white man to lead them.

Fantastic. Brilliant.

My only fear now, is that the crackpot white supremists (KKK et al), might try to do something about it.

But for now, I'm thrilled.

xx

7 comments:

Diana said...

Woo Hoo for the USA

I just cannot believe it!

God's Rock Angel said...

Good morning Bobs!

It is indeed landmark - if Hilary had still been in the running that would have also been landmark - Lady president can you imagine how happy feminists would be everywhere hehe.

Eleanor said...

Yay too.
Love that little wide-eyed Brenda girlie, can see a likeness to Saffron.
You all do costumes so well in your family, waiting for the pub photos here. :D
E
xx

Rach said...

Yay from me too. SO pleased he got in. x

voodoo vixen said...

I have to admit I am surprised!! I didn't think to ever see it... wya to go USA!!

Igotmebabe said...

Brilliant result, he deserved it
Janette

Cheyne said...

I was quite shocked by Barack's overwhelming win and very happy!!