Search This Blog

Wednesday, 3 December 2008

Angels

The weather here in NE Scotland has been appalling since Monday. I have an hour's drive to get to work and obviously, an hour to get home again. I leave very early in the morning, (5.20am) and the roads have been horrendously treacherous. Took me well over an hour and a half to get there yesterday morning and then THIS morning, I had to drive in near white-out conditions. The snow was coming down so thick and fast, I could hardly see anything!

Not nice at all.

Then tonight on the way home, the temperature fell to minus 5 ..... AND there are more heavy snowfalls and severe frosts forecast for tonight too.


So anyway, 'Angel'was the word yesterday over on HSMSHS.


I took these three beauties in our local cemetery. The first two are teeny tiny - no more than 8" tall.



The of course, I just had to put another shot of my favourite angel on here too. She is life-size and utterly, completely and totally bewitching in her serene beauty.


If you click on the 'Angel' label at the bottom this post, you'll be able to see the first shot of my favourite angel too.

x

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi

Great shots i love angels!!!

Eleanor said...

She is indeed exquisite. And less in spite of, more because of the lichen somehow.
I do not envy you the travelling. Be safe dear Bobs.
E
XX

Sue Nicholson said...

Hi Bobs :-)

As soon as I saw the second angel it rang a bell. I remembered that you had posted a graveyard angel before, see I am not going senile, although in fairness I think your the only one who ever has!

The other angels are beautiful too, although having an affection for the modern I really love that second one. I'd have that on my windowsill in a heartbeat :-)

Weather here is OK. No snow, very icy but only about -2C. Sounds like it is riugh up with you :-( Drive carefully Bobs, wrap up warm and think of summer.

Take care . . . Sue :-)

Fiona McCrae said...

those are lovely photos B. Not looking forward to the bus journey into college tomoro, surprisingly theres not any snow here but the cold is harsh.
Hope u r well
xx

Chris T said...

Beautiful shots but how the camera lies. I can't believe the 1st two are so small - they too look life size, however they are all really beautiful

Diana said...

Awesome angels bobs! The have given me goose bumps al over
love from Di X

SuzyB said...

All beautiful shots, very peaceful looking, just lovely.

voodoo vixen said...

Love your angel photos and that sky looks sooo blue!

I know I left a rambling comment on your blog about your teefies a couple of days ago... but it isn't there... did I dream it?

Gez said...

Gorgeous photos.

What a great idea.

Photographing Mom said...

Those are stunning, Bobs!!

Igotmebabe said...

Fab angel shots
Janette

WeirdCat said...

Gorgeous pictures