Search This Blog

Saturday, 27 December 2008

Macro Madness!

I've had a play with my spangly new macro lens and have come to the conclusion that I need to use a tripod with it.

But oh - you can get in soooo close to things. Take this mossy thing, for example. It's growing on the wall around the patio and measures roughly 1cm across.

I think I may have over-sharpened it too, but hey, it's a learning curve, right?

How about the bark on this Silver Birch tree?


I'm going to have such fun with this lens!

xx

7 comments:

Rach said...

I'm soooo jealous especially with all the frost about this morning. I have borrowed Mimas in the past and my Mum bought herself one not long ago - I can see me phoning her in a bit!!!! Lol x

SuzyB said...

Bobs bobs, what lens did you get??

Suz x

Sue Nicholson said...

Yes, I can vouch for Rach's love of Mima's macro lens :-)

Super first moss shot, isn't nature wonderful :-)

IMO, All children should be given the opportunity to see life through a lens like this . . . what better way is there to show not everything is visible to the naked eye and that beauty can be found everywhere :-)

I oversharpen . . . I know I do . . . I just like the effect!!!

Two super shots Bobs :-) Look forward to seeing more in 2009 :-)

See you on facebook :-) Sue :-)

Sharon said...

You are going to have a lot of fun with your new lens!
Ps I agree with the comment you left on my blog - I haven't opened mine either!! Too pretty to open however I really want to taste it so might just make it up with separate ingredients!!!

voodoo vixen said...

Lovely pics Brenda! Happy New Year to you and yours, hugs, Annette

WeirdCat said...

Gorgeous photos Bobns

Igotmebabe said...

Great macro shots