Search This Blog

Sunday, 21 December 2008

O! Christmas Tree(s)

This year, we have three trees ..... no, wait ..... actually, we have five trees! How did that happen?

This our big, fibre optic tree, bought quite a few years ago at a not inconsiderable cost. But it has proved its worth many times simply because of the ease of putting-up and taking-down.


The instructions with it state categorically NOT to hang decorations from the branches - so we don't. There are so many fibre optics and LED lights, that it really doesn't need it anyway. This tree is in our lounge, which is really only ever used during the festive season. Oh, apart from when Tim plays the Wii, because it's in there too!

Next, this is the 3ft baby tree I got from Tesco this year for £6.50. I added a few bows and little parcels and the lights and I think it's really sweet!

This is in our family room - the room we use most to sit and watch TV. It's nice and small, but not pokey. Homely, I guess you'd call it.

Last year, at the end of the season, Tesco were selling off their trees at silly prices and I picked up this beauty for around a fiver, if I remember correctly. It's a 6ft corner tree and we thought it would be perfect in the hall beside the front door.

I always drape green garlands and red flowers and bows over the railings and bannisters, so we thought we would decorate the tree with the same colours to match. I like it, but not the lights. No sirreeeeee, bob! They are too blue/white and don't 'go' at all. Next year, I shall have normal, clear lights, which will complement the look much better.

I'll try to get pictures of the other trees posted later.

In the meantime, here is my SOS for today. A gorgeous sunrise taken on Thursday at around 7.30 - 8.00am. Through the patio doors, which is why it isn't as sharp as it should be. I love the colours though.


x

9 comments:

Rach said...

Gorgeous trees Bobs. I love the corner trees I think they are such a good idea I saw a half tree this year too. Hope your heating gets sorted out quickly! x

Rach said...

Hi Bobs. My candle shot was taken with the TV button on the camera. I then adjust it and take loads of shots at different settings and then choose the best one. I think this was about in the middle so the shutter wasn't really slow but it meant I could have the lights off in the room. The "Lights" shot the other day was done on the same setting but a really slow shot using the tripod I haven't edited that shot at all. I have only just started playing about with the TV setting but you really do have to use a tripod. Hope this helps - as you can tell I don't know the proper terms and just play about with the buttons and dials most of the pictures get dumped! x

Gemma* said...

so many trees! I had enough trouble getting one tree up :) love the sunset shot . . . looks quite similar to mine!

God's Rock Angel said...

Had to do a double take then! Your living room shot looks like my friends house! I got well and truly confused there for a minute lol

Photographing Mom said...

Wow! Lots of trees and a gorgeous sunrise!!

Diana said...

Hi Bobs your trees are just so beautiful!
Love from Di

Igotmebabe said...

Gorgeous trees, love them all
Janette

Sue Nicholson said...

Why has it never occured to me to have more than one tree!!!

Our house was relatively small and we'd have to hop over a tree if we placed it in the hall! But we have extended at the back now and so could have at least one other tree, ezpecially a half or corner one!!!

I shall be looking at trees in the sales and Ian will be "blaming" you :-)

Your sunrise is beautiful. Truly lovely :-)

Sue :-)

Sue Nicholson said...

Why has it never occured to me to have more than one tree!!!

Our house was relatively small and we'd have to hop over a tree if we placed it in the hall! But we have extended at the back now and so could have at least one other tree, ezpecially a half or corner one!!!

I shall be looking at trees in the sales and Ian will be "blaming" you :-)

Your sunrise is beautiful. Truly lovely :-)

Sue :-)