Search This Blog

Friday, 5 December 2008

Yet another catch-up

I really need to try harder to get my photographs up on time, but time is something that always seems to be running away from me at the moment.

So, better late than never, here are my efforts for 'Gift', 'Lights' and 'Tradition'.

As I mentioned before, my brother-in-law retired last week and we gave him a few parting gifts. This was just one of them:


It's a gorgeous shepherd's crook, with the handle made from a ram's horn and the end carved with a thistle. It takes the chappie six weeks to make one of these!


I can't take the credit for this next one. Tim took it last year, just after we'd bought the EOS 400D. The trails are from a lorry that thundered past as he was playing!


Finally, here is my shot for Tradition. I bought this ornament from Avon, way back when my kids were little, so he must be at least 25 years old.. There are three coloured bulbs inside that flicker on and off in random patterns. Christmas definitely wouldn't be the same without our Mr Frosty!



It's my birthday tomorrow. :)

xx

4 comments:

Fiona McCrae said...

Happy Birthday for tomoro Brenda, Hope you have a lovely day. All the best Fiona&Darren xx

Rach said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear BOOOBBBBSSS Happy Birthday to YOU! Hope you have a really great day. Thank you so much for your lovely message the other day it meant a lot. Take care. R x

mil lunares said...

Happy birthday tooooo yoooouuuu!
I hope, you had a great day! YOu last shots are all so fabulous. The one with the hand is so sentimental. Great pic! I also like the lights very much

Photographing Mom said...

Beautiful pictures!!

I'll say happy birthday now because I think it's tomorrow where you are. :)