Search This Blog

Monday, 6 April 2009

Packet

The word of the day over on HSMSHS is 'Packet', so here are some that I found in the kitchen:


Day 4 of MossWatch (I used my Macro lens again today) and it has to be said, these teeny sporophytes don't seem to be doing very much, do they?


I'm tempted to pull out that weed, but I'm scared incase I spoil MossWatch, so it's staying put for now. A temporary reprieve, no doubt!

After my mum died (almost two years ago now), I got some plants from her garden. This is one of them.
A pieris that I bought for her many years ago. It's in a tub, but I don't think it's terribly happy. I do love the colour of the new growth though.


I had to go to the hospital yesterday to get the strapping on my toe changed. A student nurse strapped in on Friday and it just felt a bit too tight. It feels much better now.

We're off to see Simon in a wee while. It's his birthday tomorrow, but he's going back to the rig in Mexico then, so we won't see him. I can't believe he will be 31! I've known him since he was a baby and he and Kerry have been a couple since they were both 13. He's more like a son than a son-in-law and I am blessed to have him in my life.

xx

8 comments:

Gez said...

Mmmm, you're packets look yummy! Love your moss watch. I think you are right to leave that weed! Ouch! you're foot looks so sore. Glad to hear the strapping isn't too tight now. Take care. Gez. xx

Sarah said...

Great shot for packet.
Love your other 2 shots too, the one of the pieris is stunning!!

Photographing Mom said...

Nice to see you back!

Great packets and the other pictures are gorgeous!

Igotmebabe said...

Nice packet shot, I fancy the Spicy Meatballs :)
Love your moss watch shots

Maria said...

Nice to see you back Bobs, and in case you dont know, a pieris likes acid soil, so should be in ericaceous compost and if it needs a feed, well, miracid will do the job well for you.

Aubrey Harns said...

Bobs! It's so good to see you again. Great picture for today & I love your others as well. You'll have to keep us posted about MossWatch too.
Blessings,
Aubrey

Chris T said...

Tasty packets! Nice to see you back too :-)

Shannon said...

Love your shot!