Search This Blog

Thursday, 21 May 2009

Learning Curve

Finding my way round my camera is definitely a learning curve - and I still haven't succeeded yet, but hopefully I'm getting there!

Curve is the word today over on HSMSHS today. Nature doesn't really 'do' straight lines, so finding curves in my garden is relatively easy. Here are the opening leaves and buds on one of the Silver Birches, taken a few weeks ago.


I took this shot late last night and although it's been photoshopped to pick out the details a bit, the colours are true. However, I had to crank up the ISO, so it's also a bit noisy.


I'm hoping to persuade Tim to drive me to Slain's Castle today, for a bit of a photo session. For those who don't know, Slain's Castle is just south of Peterhead on the NE coast of Scotland and it was said to have given Bram Stoker the inspiration to write 'Dracula'.

Hopefully, photos later!

xxx

5 comments:

jo said...

Great shots - I fancy a visit to that castle too - sounds great for a photo shoot.

Liz said...

Great curves Bobs!! brilliant sunset looks like you captured it perfectly.

Photographing Mom said...

Beautiful!!

dottydotty said...

that sunset is stunning

Chris T said...

Love the natural "curves" & jealous of that gorgeous sunset- nothing like that down here lately. Hope you had a good day out!