Search This Blog

Thursday, 28 May 2009

Tower

'Tower' is the word today over on HSMSHS and I make no apologies for posting some of the same pics of Slains Castle that I posted last week! There are several towers in the castle, so it's perfect for today.





The last one shows the real colour of the stones. It's built from pink granite that was dug from a quarry a few miles to the north. Most of the old buildings in the fishing port of Peterhead are also built of pink granite, whereas the buildings in Fraserburgh (my home town) and Aberdeen are mostly of grey granite. Which, in my humble opinion, is much, much, nicer!

Yesterday was wet and windy and today is grey and dull. Not good weather for taking photos in the garden, so I picked a wee forget-me-not and photographed it in the kitchen instead!


Anyway, talking about Slains, it doesn't look like we're going to be able to get back there today because the weather is horrible again.

Typical.

TTFN

xxx

6 comments:

Louise said...

shots - I like the moody feel of the sepia shots.

jo said...

Fab tower shots - and love the wee forget me knot.

Coffeedoff said...

Love the castle shots and the forget me not is super!

Photographing Mom said...

Beautiful towers and the flower is stunning!!

Igotmebabe said...

Lots of lovely tower shots, all fab and love the little forget me not

Liz said...

I love these B&W shots.