Search This Blog

Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Men in Hats!

I wish we lived back in the days when women were women and men wore hats. I love to see a man in a hat.

And by sheer coincidence (because 'hat' is the word today over on HSMSHS), I bought Tim a hat today! A dapper straw number, that he can wear when he's cutting the grass, or just relaxing in the garden.

This shot was taken in the house though!



This is what's happening in my garden today.

The loosestrife is just on the point of opening ...


... the first honeysuckle bud has opened ...


... and this beautifully coloured fly with irridescent body and wings took a rest on the spirea.



Life is so precious and could be snatched from you in the blink of an eye.
Tim was involved in a car accident yesterday on his way home from Uni. He was driving along a dual carriageway, when another car (a Lexus 4x4) drove straight out of a side road, right in front of him. He had no time to stop and the inevitable collision occurred. Thankfully, neither Tim nor the other chap was hurt, but both cars are extensively damaged.

The other driver has admitted full liability and we received a phonecall from his insurers confirming this. Tim's car is undrivable, so a recovery truck is fetching it today sometime and he'll get a hire car for the duration.

As I say, cars can be replaced, but life is oh, so precious and I'm just SO thankful that Tim is safe and sound.

xxx

7 comments:

Photographing Mom said...

I'm thankful Tim's safe and well, too!!

That is a VERY handsome picture. I love a man in a hat!

SuzyB said...

Absolutely stunning portrait!
So glad Tim isnt hurt, what a crappy thing to have happened!
x

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness Brenda I hadn't heard about Tim.
Thanks goodness he is all right!

voodoo vixen said...

Oh heck, glad Tim didn't get hurt, cars can be replaced but the cute guy in the straw hat... you might not find another one!! ;)

Liz said...

Glad to hear that Tim is OK.

He looks very dapper in that hat and it's so great that your hubby will pose for a picture. Mine runs a mile or gurns!!

Just to let you kow I've tagged you on my blog if you want to play along.

Coffeedoff said...

Love the hat. Super flower pictures too!

Chris T said...

Just catching up with your blog. Glad Tim is ok & love his photo. You are doing some great portraits - I think you shoul start charging :-)