Search This Blog

Wednesday, 15 July 2009

Purple Wednesday

Nature's Beauty is purple today. Well yesterday actually, because that's when I took this shot.

We had showers on and off all day yesterday and between a couple of them, I saw these raindrops on a gorgeous purple petunia in one of my containers.


We're having thunder and lightning right now. The flashes are really few and far between, but I love it all the same. So long as I'm not OUTSIDE during it, I'm fine!

Tim and I are babysitting tonight for our youngest two grandkids because Kerry and Simon are taking the oldest two to the cinema to see Harry Potter! I've never been a fan of Harry Potter. I just can't seem to get into it at all. I watched the first movie, but despite a couple of attempts, I haven't managed to stay awake through the second one and have just given up!

xxx

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

Beautiful shot - the raindrops are crystal clear. :)

Vanessa.

sam said...

absolutely georgeous macro shot,

Coffeedoff said...

Lovely photo!

dottydotty said...

fab shot it looks really abstract

Just_Fee said...

I love the colour of this petunia, the dark middle really levels the composition. The raindrops are very nice :)

Photographing Mom said...

Wow! That's very beautiful!!

Enjoy the grands!!

Igotmebabe said...

Fantastic macro shot, love the raindrops :)
Am exactly the same about Harry Potter, have never managed to get into it

Chris T said...

Beautiful! Have you read the books - I loved them but have only seen the 1st film - not quite as I imagined it - but that's what happens with books & films :-)