Search This Blog

Thursday, 5 November 2009

Tired .... but happy!

Some of you will know I'm in training for the Virgin London Marathon next April. I'm still in the VERY early stages of running, but I'm now managing to run 4 x 5-minute, with a 2 min walk in between each run. However, on Sunday, it's a huge leap from 5 minutes to 8 minutes! Not sure I can manage that! Eek!

I run three days per week - normally Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday - and do step/cardio sessions at home on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Saturdays are days of complete rest! So yes, I'm tired, but happy with my progress thus far. My weight is coming off slowly but steadily and I'm verrrrrry near the 2st lost mark! :-)

Enough about running ......

I've been crocheting these:

A granny square throw, which comfortably fits a double bed. I have to admit to loving this one!


A rectangle shoulder throw/shawl, not spectacular in the least, but it keeps me warm once the heating goes off! lol


Finally for now, a work-in-progress, a triangle shoulder throw/shawl. Just using odd balls of wool, to get them out of the way!


I've been neglecting my photography in my garden, so here are a couple I took two days ago ......

Beautiful little Star:


A mushroom, which is kinda inside out!


xx

2 comments:

WeirdCat said...

The kitty looks similar to my Einy! You will be able to jog to the retreat, save on train fare!

Photographing Mom said...

So proud of you, Bobs!!

The throw is GORGEOUS!!!