Search This Blog

Friday, 23 April 2010

Merry and Bright

As I sat indoors, I heard a chaffinch singing, so I just had to go outside and try to get a photograph of it. I managed to find the tree it was in, but it was very high up in the branches, plus, I had to shoot against the light. The result is a very poor photo, but at least I got one!


The leaves and blossom buds on my rowan trees are beginning to unfurl and open. However, almost every year, just as the berries are setting, the strong May gales burn almost all of them off. Hope this year will be more successful!


My purple berberis is looking nice and healthy, with these vicious looking barbs all over it.


My garden companion today was Merry! She is such a flighty, excitable, but oh, so adorable cat!


xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the chaffinch and Merry is as pretty as ever.

T.