Search This Blog

Monday, 17 May 2010

Blue Light Festival

Every year in our little town, the emergency services - Police, Ambulance, Fire Brigade etc (hence 'Blue Light')- hold a charity fundraising event.

Cameron and Kali were there in their capacity as members of the Scout movement and were either helping to direct traffic in the car parking area, or helping out on the stalls.

Some of my friends also help out by posing for photos in their Star Wars costumes, while shaking a charity bucket for donations! Simon was one of those this year!

So, Kerry and I took Aaliyah and Saffron with us, so we could browse and have a good time in the lovely spring sunshine.


The girls with Kit Fisto!


Me with the mighty Chewbacca!


Imperial Guard.


Darth Maul.


My great-nephew Mark, was singing with his school choir.


They got to try doing CPR on a dummy in theback of an ambulance.


They tried on a diving mask in the Police Diver Unit van.


Then they queued up to try to walk between two lines of little cones, whilst wearing 'drunk goggles'!


Much hilarity followed!



Feeling hot and waiting for an ice cream!


After I came home, I went into the garden and saw this fellow, on top of one of my fir trees.

He has been twittering away for a few weeks now, but I have yet to see him with a girlfriend. I think he is a very lonely little chaffinch.

I also saw these (yikes!) ......



..... and this little creature. I have absolutely no idea what it is, so if anyone can identify it, please let me know!


xxx

3 comments:

Photographing Mom said...

Looks like you all had a grand time!!
The garden pics are stunning!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like it was a great day for all.

T.

Lorraine said...

Fab photo's Bobs. Looks like a fun day there. Your bug pics are super but I love the one of you and Chewy. Jeez, he must have been a big fella in there, lol.