Search This Blog

Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Rough!

The word today is 'Rough' and my intention was to go to our beautiful beach and take some photographs of the sea, because it is almost always rough. Today however, there is no wind, so I had to revert to plan 'B' and I took this instead!


It is 22 years ago today since I lost Graham, my first husband, in the Piper Alpha oil rig disaster in the North Sea. He was only 37 years old and I was widowed at 31, with three young children to raise by myself.

It remains the world's worst oil rig tragedy, with the loss of 167 lives. I still remember it as vividly as ever, even after all these years.

xxx

5 comments:

Rach said...

{{{Hugs}}} to you all. xxxx

Darcy said...

Big hugs, thinking of you today xxx

Photographing Mom said...

Love the photo!

Am sending good thoughts and love your way today!!!

giftsofthejourney said...

I can't even begin to comprehend what that kind of loss would be like. How absolutely awful! I'll echo the thoughts of the others here with a big hug and a good thought for you today.

Chris T said...

Love the photo too - inspired me to take one of our pebbledash!
Late posting today but have been thinking of you and your girls and am sending {{hugs}}for you all.