Search This Blog

Tuesday, 21 December 2010

A Mixed Bag

Early this morning, I watched a glorious spectacle that has not been seen in the UK for almost 400 years ....... a total lunar eclipse taking place on the winter solstice!

I am devasted however, at my total lack of success at photographing this historic event. For example, this is what happens when you accidentally move the camera during a long exposure.


Moving on ....

As I was watching the eclipse, the outside temperature was hovering around the -12C mark and it never really got much warmer than that all day. My poor buddleia looks just about as fed up with this snow, as I am.


Finally for today, here is my seasonal tree, decorated for Christmas!


xxx

1 comment:

Photographing Mom said...

I think the photo of the eclipse is really cool!! I got to see it as far as the covering, but not the revealing. :( The clouds closed in and I didn't get to see any more.

Love your tree.