Search This Blog

Thursday, 6 January 2011

Happy New Year

Six days late, but better late than never!

So, on the 2nd, we all went to my sister and brother-in-law's house, where the men played snooker and the ladies played this:


Just Dance 2, on the Wii! Possibly the most fun game - ever! :-)



There was a partial solar eclipse visible from the UK earlier this week. However, the sun stubbornly refused to emerge from behind some clouds until after the eclipse has finished. So, this is as close as I got to photographing it ...... taken with a piece of welder's glass in front of the camera lens:



The poor birdies in the garden are so hungry just now. I am feeding them every day and have five feeders hanging from the trees. This is one I got from my brother-in-law. It's filled with black sunflower seeds and also, sunflower hearts. The goldfinches love them!!

The poor quality is due to the fact that the tree is a fair distance away from the house and also because it was taken through a triple glazed window!

xxx

2 comments:

Photographing Mom said...

Looks like a great time. I'm thinking I should have added that game to my wish list. ;) The advertisements sure make it look fun.

Igotmebabe said...

Dissapointment here too that there was no eclipse because of the clouds :( I like this shot and love the use of the glass over the lens