Search This Blog

Monday, 17 January 2011

It's going to be ....

... a colourful week!

The prompts for Monday to Friday are all colours, beginning with 'Orange'!


I can't help taking more photographs of the beautiful birds that come to feed in the garden. I took this one earlier today. It's a goldfinch, but seems to be lacking the red around the face for some reason.



I have stopped buying the mixed seeds for the birds because they just seem to ignore it completely. Instead, I am buying sunflower hearts and black sunflower seeds - both of which all the birds seem to love! They also love peanuts and fat blocks and balls. I've started making my own fat blocks, which is working out much cheaper than buying them!

xxx

3 comments:

Photographing Mom said...

Lovely orange!!

The birds are so pretty!

Igotmebabe said...

Love the orange jelly and enjoy looking at your bird shots

Chris T said...

Great idea for orange. I'm the same as you - just can't stop taking photos of the birds on our feeders either. The goldfinch is a youngster but I think Mima already mentioned this. we had 7 of them on our niger seed feeder this week- they are so pretty. most of the other birds we get are starlings and sparrows- I think they must have all moved to Caerphilly ;-)