Search This Blog

Saturday, 12 May 2012

Happy Birthday!

34 tears ago today, my first daughter Kerry was born and on a walk along the glorious Broch beach this morning, I collected 34 shells to photograph. One for each year I have been blessed by her life.


This is the biggest of the dunes on Fraserburgh Beach, reflected in the wet sand. For some reason, it seems to be called Tiger Hill nowadays, but when I was a child, it was known as the Lion's Head.
In a moment of madness, I decided to climb to the top - something I haven't done for many, many years. I forgot quite how steep it was toward the top, but I took my time and I got there in the end, but thought I was going to die in the process!!!

On the way back down, I took this shot of the harbour and the end of the breakwater, through the dunes.


x

3 comments:

jo said...

Stunning photos - and a happy birthday to Kerry x

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday to your girl!! I have a son turning 16 today. :) Love your photos. Wish I could have climbed that hill with you. Gorgeous.

Elizabeth Harper said...

Gorgeous photos and what a sweet idea ... collecting all those shells to mark each year.